36. Comfort In Your Touch

Comincia dall'inizio

Felix smiled tiredly at your concern. "I'm fine. Just the regime has gone more strict. My body's still not used to it so the exhaustion. Once my body gets used to it I'm sure I won't feel this fatigued."

"Hmm." You softly brushed his red hair off his forehead. His cheeks flushed at your tender touch as he leaned in like a touch-starved puppy.

Yeah, you had forgotten just how hard becoming a knight was. The brutal training progressively gets harder as you rank up. He must be getting burnt out.

"How about I give up a massage?" You offered

Felix blinked. "A massage?"

You beamed, lightly hitting his forehead. "Yes. When I used to get tired Mom used to give me a head and shoulders message. And it did wonders on my fatigue."

He hastily shook his head. "I don't want to trouble you. I'm really fine without it."

"Nonsense. There is no trouble." You wagged your finger at him. "I'm your friend, Felix. Would you find it troubling if I asked for help? No right!? Then let me help you. It's no big deal."

He sighed, smiling softly. "There is no changing your mind, huh? Alright."

You snapped your fingers in delight. "That's my knight! Felix, would you mind sitting on the carpet? Your height is sorta problematic."

Curse you, my stupid height!

"No. It's fine." He sat down on the carpet, before you.

"Kick back and just relax! You have a professional massager (y/n) at your service, exclusively!"

Felix chuckled at your childish antics. "Hmm."

Your hands rolled over his head, applying the right amount of pressure. You felt him relax as he melted in your touch letting out a happy sigh.

"See. Works better than magic doesn't it?!"

"You're right. I feel relaxed."

"You should take it easy you know. You can't push yourself too hard." You knead his shoulder adding a bit of your mana to help him with his fatigue as you voiced your concern.

Felix gently shook his head. "I have to. I have to get stronger to be the person Claude can rely on to have his back. The person he can trust to help him."

Ladies and gentlemen the Oscar for best wingman goes to tomato boy: Felix!

"You already are, Felix." You smiled at him.  "You're his knight in shining armour, Felix. All you lack is self-confidence. Try increasing that."

Felix bashfully smiled at your words before he choked once he registered your words. "K-knight in shining armour?!"

"C'mon, Felix don't be shy. You deserve the title. After all, you're the one who comes running in to help when you see him in trouble just like a hero~" You said slyly as the boy's cheeks flushed.

"Please, stop it!"

"Oh my. The future knight is so shy! It's adorable." You laughed as he spluttered out in embarrassment.

The playful atmosphere waft around the room as you massaged his shoulders. Suddenly the door opened and Claude walked in, face scrunched up as he seem irked by the stuffy collar of his expensive suit.

"Yo, Claude!" You greeted like usual. Felix too smiled in greeting, face still flushed.

Claude froze. His poker face twitched as he took in the duo.

"Just what did I walk into?"

You made a face."What do you mean by that? I'm just giving Felix a massage."