45: Garotas de caixão

garotas de caixão; casket girls

Casket Girl Day. A day where we girls have got to stick together. There's a parade and trying to get this dress on is a nightmare. I'm going to play a pregnant casket girl. Well, that is if I can get this zipped.

I felt cold hands travel up my spine zipping my dress up but also sending shivers throughout my entire body. I sighed in content. "Thank you," I chirped. I looked at myself in the mirror. Or specifically, my stomach poking the dress. I was just trying on the dress before tonight. It was a pretty wedding-like white dress. I didn't usually wear white but occasional and for party purposes, yeah.

I looked at Klaus standing behind me and he was also looking at my stomach. "Do you mind," I asked, snapping him out of his gaze. He nodded and slowly undid the buttons then the zipper. Why were his hands always so cold?

I closed my eyes as I felt his hands travel down my back. He touched the shoulder of the dress lifting the flap a little before placing a soft tender kiss there. He placed another on my back then on my neck. I whimpered quietly.

Klaus grabbed my waist and I leaned into him then he spoke in my ear. "The little witch is gone--"

"AH. I knew it. If you think I'm going to snitch on the poor girl, think again. Besides, I think what she's doing right now is good for both parties. Leave," I said slipping out of his hold. "You think you can seduce me into getting the answers. Think again. Bye. Get out," I pushed him out of the door seeing his face drop.

In all truth, Hayley and I helped her escape. She went to Camille's apartment with Hayley and Josh to erase Klaus's compulsion from her brain like she did Josh.

"Oh and if you hurt her... I'll help her retaliate," I said opening the door then closing it again.

I honestly feel bad for Davina. Everybody sees her as a weapon or an object not as a teenage girl that constantly gets her life threatened.

I changed out of the dress and put some comfier clothes on. I took the dress down to Rebekah to see if she had any more.

"So the witch is missing, huh?" I said as if I didn't know. "Walked out the front door, apparently. Know anything about it," Rebekah asked, folding up dresses. 'No, although I did tell her that the witch elders were dead," I said, handing her the dress. "Why would she care if the witch elders tried to kill her in their ritual?"

"I think it was more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated."

"So you are the reason she has runoff."

"Shhh. I was telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches."

"Yeah. Well, I've never been a fan of the boys club." She said eyeing Klaus and Marcel. "Just wait. Elijah will join them, and the three of them will be impossible. Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, Manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus-- she's like a modern-day Casket Girl."

"Are you talking about Davina or yourself?"

"Does it matter? Either way us girls have got to stick together."

"Are we making a pact," I asked smiling. "I guess we are."

<~>

Since Klaus left he's had these guys follow me around the whole compound like some bodyguards. I have things to do. Things that he doesn't need to know about. I led the guys towards the garage of the compound but stopped there. "I know Klus told you to follow me, but does it really mean you have to follow me to the bathroom?" I received no answer from the two guys and my phone rang.

The caller ID said, Hayley. "Just give me two minutes. It's my gynecologist," I said to the guys then I went into the garage and answered the phone.

"Hey. What's up," I answered. "I-- We need you to distract Klaus tonight. The witches are searching for Davina. We need to get her out of here and we can't do that if he's at the parade tonight," Hayley said.

"Hayley--"

"I know. I know. But just for like an hour or two."

"Hayley, two hours. I can barely last 45 minutes," I whispered yelled. "Please."

"Fine."

For the remainder of the day, I worked up a plan. Since I knew I would lose in the game to seduce him I had to play a damsel in distress or play casket girl with Rebekah. The dress was a little much so I just went in a leather jacket, white tee, jeans, and cool sunglasses.

I went to the festival with Rebekah. We scanned the area until we found the boys. "...You don't like festivals," Klaus asked Marcel. "I don't see why not? Who doesn't love a street fair," Rebekah said.

"Cameron, come to help us find our stray," Klaus asked me. I took my sunglasses and set them on my head then I popped a piece of gum into my mouth. "Now we can't let your secret weapon get in the wrong hands. Now, can we," I said in an accent. It sounded like a mall cop.

"For the record, we are moments away from retrieving her," Klaus smirked. I hummed sarcastically.

"I recognize that tone of voice, Niklaus. Clearly, you have some diabolical machination. What is it," Elijah asked. Klaus smirked and walked past me to a young boy. I think this is the guy Davina likes. Oh no. I put my glasses back on a rushed back into the crowd. I pulled out my phone and called Hayley.

"The wolf is heading for the lover. Copy, over," I said into the phone like it was a walkie-talkie. "What," Hayley asked. "The wolf is heading for the lover. Copy, over."

"Huh?"

"For God's sake, Klaus is heading for the violin boy. Meaning he's run out of moves. He's going to take him to the compound. He wants you to meet him there," I said and she ended the call.

"What are you doing," Klaus asked from behind me. "Trying to play subway surfers," I said, changing the screen quickly. Klaus quickly took my phone and raised it up to where I couldn't reach it. "Give me my phone, Klaus," I said, jumping up to get it. "Who were you talking to," Klaus asked. "My gynecologist. Now give it back," I lied. I stopped jumping and he smirked in victory.

I reached up on my toes and kissed him leaning my body weight on him causing him to bring his hand down to wrap around my waist. I took the chance and grabbed the phone disconnecting our lips. I smirked and walked away into the crowd.

Klaus, 1. Cameron, 2.

I had to get to the compound before Davina could. I knew that if Klaus went after the violin guy or even Josh she would attempt to kill him. She and Klaus were very similar in that way. So that's what I did. I told her as she entered the compound she could not kill them but I gave her full permission to break some bones. NO harm done. Just a good lesson learned.

But I wouldn't be there. I'd simply have to trust her and them not to kill anyone tonight. Though, I know that's impossible.

After the festival, I went back to the compound exhausted. But I had to check on Davina first to see if she was okay. I stopped by her room and saw Marcle tucking her in like such a caring parent. I wonder if this was how it was for Carlos being raised by Marcel.

I turned to go to my room but as expected Klaus stopped me. I walked around him and continued to my room. I could feel him close behind me. "Klaus, I'm tired," I whined. "Your diabolical scheming never ceases to amaze me. No matter. As you saw Davina is safe and sound down the hall now. Your plan failed. Whatever it was."

"The thing is, you don't know what my plan was. So did my plan really fail? Hmm, anyway, Goodnight," I left him knowing it would be rotting away in his brain. I had no plan. I just helped her out of the goodness in my heart.

1434 words.