14: Sua volta ao lar

sua volta ao lar; his homecoming

The other day Ghost came back. Like all of them. I could've sworn I saw something strangely familiar. But I'm never reliving that day again. Everybody was so needy.

I had a suspicion that everybody was hiding something from me again. Probably some lame-ass plan to kill Klaus that would probably fail anyway. So I spent today shopping for dresses for homecoming. I might've been a tomboy but I was a sucker for balls and dances. Opportunity to dress all fancy.

To be honest, people called me princess so I wanted to be one. Just for a day.

I haven't spoken to Klaus since the bonfire. I was nervous. For the first time in my life, I was nervous. His contact name was still That Guy. I didn't have the heart to change it. I didn't need to change it.

I just wish those sorry ass fuckers would just let me know if they had some plan to kill Klaus. So I can be far away from there. Not to, like say goodbyes or anything. Or to see his face or to hear him laugh... Anyway. Just cancel that whole part. I don't like Niklaus Mikaelson.

<~>

Caroline recently informed me that the homecoming dance was going to be at Tyler's place instead of the school. And to wear something comfortable but nice. I figured it was some lowkey homecoming substitute.

This was basically the short version of my original dress. Too bad. I'll wear it to something else now.

When I got to Tyler's house it was the exact opposite of keggers and beer pong but they definitely had that. There was a band and there were people here that didn't even go to our school.

"How did he plan a better party than me so fast? Is that a band outside," Caroline asked shock on all our faces. "Who are all these people," Bonnie asked. "I don't know but this is kinda cool," I said looking around. "This is weird. Where is Tyler," Caroline walked away from us.

"Oh well," I left Bonnie behind and went to the band in the front. "Hey Tyler," I spotted him holding a box and beer. "Hey Cam," he said. "Nice party you got here," I said. "Thanks. But I'm not the one throwing it. I'm just doing what Klaus wants," Tyler said. "What do you mean? He's here," I asked looking around nervously and scared.

"It's not a party, man. It's a wake," Tyler said and the crowd started cheering.

I'm not going to talk about how Tyler and I were in an on-off relationship.

"Good evening everyone! I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming," Klaus announced from the stage. He made eye contact with me and I blushed.

Minutes later I saw/heard Stefan and Klaus coming near.

"...While I cater to the princess," I heard Klaus say. I turned to him and saw the happiness evident on his face. I couldn't help but smile in return. He walked closer to me and requested for my hand. I gave it to him and he kissed it remaining in eye contact with me.

This is the point in my life where I don't know what to do or when to do it. "You look fit to be a queen. My queen," Klaus said. That "my" threw me off. Possessiveness was crazy hot but I have my limits.

"No. My queen. I'm my own person," I said. He smiled then did something unexpectedly expected. He pulled me into him with force snaking his hand around my waist. My hand automatically went up to his chest then to around his neck. I didn't notice that he took my bandage off until his breath brushed the area. My knees feel weak but he was there to catch me. "Mine," he whispered in my ear making shivers travel throughout my body.

Once I regained focus I decided to play with his game. I brushed my lip across his jawline making my way to his ear. "No. Not ever," I whispered, and then I disappeared into the crowd.

I partied and partied until I grew bored with the idea of partying. I found myself drinking something expensive on the steps of the Lockwood mansion. I swam in my own thoughts as I watched the night sky. I got up to refill my drink when I felt a sudden pain in my head.

<~>

Suddenly I was being pulled somewhere by one of Klaus's hybrids. Don't tell me he's kidnapping me again. "What the hell," I fussed. When I was able to see the situation I was in became clear to me. Klaus was standing in the house while I was being held by this guy outside the house.

When I saw the look on Klaus's face it told me everything. This was his father. "So this was their plan," I said to myself. "Come out and face me, Niklaus. Or she dies," Mikael threatened. "Oh no," I said. "Go ahead. Kill her," Klaus said which turned my attention to him. I raised a brow at his bipolar mess. "No. Klaus, I think he'll do it," I said scanning Mikael's face.

Klaus looked at me from a brief second pain evident in his face. "If she dies, this lot will be the last of your happiness," Mikael said. "I don't need them. I just need rid of you," Klaus said bitterly. "To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever with no one on your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy. Who do you have other than those whose loyalty you've forced? No one. No one," Mikael said. It sent a tear down my face as truly listened to his words in correlation to watching Klaus's face.

"I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her," Klaus said. "Come outside and face me, coward. And I won't have to," Mikael said. That's when I knew that Mikael was really bluffing. "My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her, you lose your leverage. So go ahead. Go on. Kill her. C'mon old man. Kill her. Kill her," Klaus yelled as tears streamed his face.

Mikael simply chuckled in response. "Your impulse, Niklaus. It has and forever will be the one thing that keeps you from being truly great," Mikael said. I sense a bit of parental advice in his voice before I was stabbed with a knife to the back.

I "fell" to the ground and slowly crawled away. Katherine came from behind me and launched wolfsbane grenades into the air. Nex thing I know I saw Klaus flying out of the house to attack Mikael. I heard agonizing screams as my wound slowly healed.

Soon I felt that I was being scooped into somebody's arms as I fell to sleep.