19: O salão de baile

o salão de baile; the ballroom

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in the coffin," Elena said, putting up cleaning supplies. "As in the original witch," Stefan asked.

"What? How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago," Damon said and I was offended."You calling me a hybrid freak show," I asked.

"No. I'm calling your boyfriend one. You are a perfectly natural cause of birth," Damon said nervously. I smiled at the fact that he was nervous but I was still kind of offended.

"I'm guessing a couple of connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus," Elena said. "She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus," Stefan said and I scoffed.

"Yeah, well, not anymore. At least, not according to Elijah," Elena said. "That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds," Stefan said as he began to pace. The topic of conversation was making me uncomfortable. I don't know why.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now," Damon asked unsure. "I'm out. See ya," I waved goodbye.

I walked home silently. My initial reason for leaving my bed was to get doggy treats for Hiraeth. I ended up straying from my task. But I got it done. Now the only thing left to do was bring them home to Hiraeth.

When I got home Caroline and Hiraeth were waiting for me. "A package came for you. I left it on your bed," she said as I greeted Hiraeth. "Thanks," I said. I took Hiraeth to my room along with his treats.

One my bed I saw a beautifully wrapped box and a note on top written fancily. I set Hiraeth down and opened the letter.

It read; Please Join the Mikaelson Family. This evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails, and celebration.

I turned it over for more information and it was a note.

Save me a dance, Love, Klaus

The fact that he said love made my heart jump and stomach flutter.

I open the box and scoff happily at the item in front of me. "He can't be serious," I heard Caroline say from the door. I threw a pillow at her but she caught it and laughed.

I admired the dress for a little longer then closed the box. I went with Caroline to meet Elena. I gave Hiraeth his treats then left him to relax and sleep.

Caroline, Elena, and I discussed the whole situation of the ball. I wasn't really paying attention since I felt so happy at the moment. Sometimes he really knew how to make a girl's day.

Caroline witnessed Rebekah ask out Matt and decided she'd be my date. At least until my real date swooped me up. I didn't tell her that, of course.

<~>

It was now time for the ball. I put on my Cinderelle like dress, white gloves, and a bracelet also in the box. And I wanted to throw some sneakers under but Caroline woildnt let me. Oh well.

When her and I entered the ball, let's just say, it was beyond expectation. I'd never been to a thing like this before. Of course there were the founder things but this definitely topped that.

There were waiters, dazzling lights, gorgeous gowns and suits, and excellent decorations. What really caught my attention was the apple cider set off to the side with my name on it.

Another thing caught my attention when I saw Elena walk in with both Salvator's on her arms. "Lucky," I mumbled.

"Very lucky, indeed," a strong childish voice said from behind me. I turned quickly only to see the infamous Kol Mikaelson. He was being pushed by Klaus. "Stop, Nic. You always get the good ones," Kol whined. I giggled. They were like ten times my age and they were acting like toddlers. It must be nice to have siblings .