5: Segurança

segurança; safety

Elijah rushed out of the Salvator house gasping for air since he was not invited in. He was kneeled down at the door but when he saw Elena again he tried and failed to come after her. "What happened? Where is Cameron," he asked but Elena shushed him. "I'll tell you but not here," Elena whispered.

CAMERON'S POV

"I'll be back as soon as I can," I heard a voice as I stirred awake. "Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up call me. You know how impatient I get," Klaus said. I looked around and I noticed the place was Alaric's. Katherine came over to me and handed me some coffee.

"Where is he going," she asked Klaus, also giving him a mug of coffee. "To retrieve me. So that I can get out of this bad hair-do," Klaus said. "Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus," Katherine said, holding a fake smile. "Well, the full moon is almost upon us. I killed the witch. I have the moonstone and the doppelganger is waiting in the wings. Ooh. I am ready to break this curse," Klaus said.

I was walking to the door, exiting the premises. "And why would you do that here. There are so many people that would try to stop you," Katherine said creating a distraction. "Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelganger... Where are you going? Take a seat Princesa," Klaus said, noticing me.

"Wait. What did you just call me," I asked. "I believe he called you princesa. Watch this," she whispered to Klaus. I took a knife out of my pocket and shot it right at his shoulder. He hissed and groaned then I stalked back to the couch. I kicked the table in anger and it snapped in half. "Don't call me that," I pouted.

He slowly and carefully took the knife out of his shoulder, hissing. He came up to me and kneeled towards my face. "You don't leave until I tell you too," he compelled me but I guess he didn't know I couldn't be compelled. Weird.

He left after compelling Katherine to do the same. "Nice hair. Didn't suspect you for a blue," she said drinking her coffee. I walked to the nearest mirror and now my hair was fully blue. Not a speck of white in there. My jaw dropped. "You didn't suspect yourself for a blue either," Katherine noticed.

I have never seen my hair this dark. It looked good on me. "Mhm. Makes your eyes pop," Katherine said coming from behind me. "I'm bored," I said. "Let's play some music," Katherine said and she hopped towards Alexa and put some music on. She came back to her stool and we were both still bored.

Looks like we had the same idea when we both went for the cabinets and looked for some bourbon. She opened the cabinet and there was Bourbon whiskey. "Ric always has the good stuff," I said. She took it out and went to drink it but I snatched it and drank first. She was about to take it back but stopped midway.

"What," I asked. "Damon," she said and ran to the door as somebody knocked on it. She went to open it but her compulsion thought otherwise. "I got it," I said. I opened the door and there were Damon and Andy. "Thank God," Katherine said. "Wow! You were right. She looks exactly like Elena," Andy said. "Yep. Thought you two might be dead," Damon said as he tried to come in. "Unfortunately not," Katherine said.

"What are you doing here," I asked. "We are here to rescue you," Andy said. "No sweetie. We are here to see if they deserve to be rescued," Damon corrected. "Right," Andy said. "I don't need to be rescued. I have a plan," I said. "Oh really. Triple cross us again," Damon said. "It was a one-time thing that happened twice. Get over it," I said.

He tossed the vervain to Katherine. "Your salvation and you owe me. You comin'," he said to Andy. "I'm going to stay here," I said and he rolled his eyes leaving Andy. "Why didn't you leave," Katherin asked. "I'm about to. Just not with them. Bye," I left.

<~>

I had to make some pit stops before I went to my El Salvador house. I also had to avoid some places in case I bumped into someone I knew. Like Klaus. Or Liz, Caroline, etc.

I probably look kind of rough since I've been walking all day. But my hair went back to its original color. Yay.

I knocked on the door of the Salvator house and came inside without invitation. Looks like I just walked into an awkward situation. "Don't mind me. I'm just hungry," I said. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple then came back to them. "Did I interrupt something," I asked, taking a bite out of my apple, crunching. "No, Damon was just about to apologize," Elena said.

"You can all go to hell," he said a walked away. "Mhm. I had a one-way ticket there anyway," I shrugged. and noticed Elijah. "Oh. Hey, Elijah," I waved.

"I thought Klaus got you," Elena said. "Well. He didn't get the memo that I can't be compelled. So I just walked out," I shrugged again. "Or he was counting on it," Elijah said.

<~> <~>

"Caroline! How do you expect me to know everything? I'm just a person," I fussed as we were walking into the Grill. "I'm just glad your hair is back to normal before Mom saw it," Caroline said. "Yeah. Oh well," I said as she went off to speak to Matt.

After she spoke with Matt she left and Matt basically ran to speak to Liz. I tilted my head in confusion because the conversation seemed intense.

Oh well.

I was meeting up with the boys today. Nothing special although Damon was protesting that I'd stay home. Fuck that, I said.

<~>

"Jake. I swear to God. I will stick a knife up your nose," I fussed and the boys laughed. They didn't think I was serious. It felt normal that I was sitting in the center while they were crowded around me at the pool table. "Fuck off," I whined. Jake, chill," Blake said. "Right. Jake, chill. Aye, see ya," I said when I saw Damon and Ric come into the bar.

They sat down next to Damon. "I'll have the same as these two," I played it off. "Can I see some ID," he said and I pulled out my fake ID. When I tried to hand it to the bartender somebody snatched it out of my hand. "Mhm. Alexandra May. Interesting," a voice said.

"Bitch. Gimme that," I snatched it but the Alaric snatched it from me this time. "This is the sixth ID I've taken from you," he fussed. "Oh well," I shrugged. I finally looked over to my left to see who was the person that snatched it from me the first time. "Why so glum," he asked Alaric and Damon.

"Ugh. Klaus, I presume," Damon said and my jaw dropped. "In the flesh. Thanks for the loaner, mate," Klaus said. "Any reason you stopped by to say HI," Damon said, taking a protective step in front of me. I got up on my toes and whispered in his ear. "You're blocking my view," I said and tried to push me away.

"I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelganger. Just thought to remind you not to do anything you'll regret," Klaus said. "Ha. Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance. Huh," Damon said. "You are kidding. He is kidding, right," Klaus asked.
"Not even a little bit," I snuck some of his drink.

"I mean, come on, what's one month in the whole grand scheme of things," Damon said. "Let me be clear-- I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow don't screw it up," Klaus said he smiled at me then left.

"You'd think if you stab a guy he'd back off but I guess not," I said.

<~>

Damon trapped me in the Salvator house for the rest of the day. It wasn't fair that Elena got to live her last day but I couldn't even live one of mine. I knew they weren't telling me something. Klaus wanted me for something. I just didn't know what.

I heard a car pulling up the driveway so I ran outside. "Ah, yes people," I said. It was Stefan and Elena pulling up in the red buggy. I continued to walk towards them but stopped when I saw Klaus walking toward us. "You got me all nervous. I thought maybe you'd done something stupid. You ready," he said. "Cam, go back inside. Now," Stefan said but I protested.

"I wouldn't. No reason for you to die," Klaus said. "Wait. He's here for Elena not me too," I said. "On the contrary, Luv. You're coming too," he said. "No," I said. "Don't fight. I'd hate for you to get hurt," he said. "But I'd love for you to. No," I said.

"You leave me no choice," he said and sped me and Elena away.