29: Conhecimento limitado

conhecimento limitado; limited knowledge

I woke up in a strange, unfamiliar bed but the smell had to be my favorite. Though he could never know that. If I was in Klaus's bed, where is Klaus? "Klaus," I called out. No answer. I got out of the bed and hissed when my warm feet hit the cold floor.

I looked around the room and peeked through the corridor. I turned to the nightstand next to the bed and saw a note.

Dear, Princess

By the time you see this, I'll be halfway across the world. Unfortunately, I had to leave you on my journey to dig up a dead hunter and its sword. All by means to find the cure for your dearest, Elena. I'll be back within the week or day. I'm sorry I had to leave on such short notice.

Love, Klaus

I smiled and laughed a little because he was so formal. A nice lengthy text message would've done just fine.

Wait. LOVE! Does he mean he loves me or is it just a kind jester held in a letter? Maybe I shouldn't react to this so much. We're not even... together.

Nevermind that. I have things to do and it's the perfect time to do them since Klaus is gone. Maybe this fooling everyone is going to be easier than I thought. Yesterday Katherine sent me the number of this Shane guy and I found out that Damon, Elena, and Bonnie went to go see him just the other day. How convenient.

Today I was going to meet him. He works in Whitmore College. Same college Jenna went to. So I went home, took a shower, and didn't run into Liz or Caroline to explain to them where and why I was where I was last night. I mean, it's not like I slept with him or anything.

I left some food out for Hiraeth since when I got there he was asleep. Then I left with Caroline's car. She's probably with Tyler. Before I could manage to leave the house I got a text message from Jeremy. Something about the hunter taking hostages at the grill. Oh well, Elena will deal with it.

I've got bigger fish to fry.

Twenty to thirty minutes later I arrived at the college and already found his office. Now I just had to walk in. But first, let's go through the pros and cons:

Pro's: Find out more about my parents, Possibly find out how they died and if I have any other living relatives. Finally know why the hell my eyes turn purple instead of black/gold.

Con's: Turn everyone against me for selling the cure off to Katherine.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Opening the door to reveal Bonnie and-- who I'm guessing is Shane. "Cam," Bonnie questioned. "Cameron. I've been expecting you. Drop your phone at the door," Shane said. I looked at him like he was crazy because he is. "I don't even know you and if you're in with her then I really shouldn't trust you," I said referring to Katherine, not Bonnie.

"No cellphones. No internet during witch therapy. Here, have some tea," Shane offered. "I don't need therapy. You know what I'm here for," I hissed. This guy's a hippy.

"Cam. Just... try it," Bonnie said. Huh?

"Right now I want you to focus. And I want your undivided attention," Shane said as I took a seat next to Bonnie warily. "You really think you can help me start practicing magic again," Bonnie sighed. That explained why she was here. For a second I thought she was sleeping with the guy.

"Absolutely I can. I invited you both here because I believe I can help you both with magic. You know what right now just relax. Drink your tea. I got this in Australia when I was backpacking with these aborigine spirit guides. Trust me, it's better when you smoke it, but I'm trying to be a role model," They drank the tea. What the hell? I'm definitely not drinking this.

But I pretended to.

"The thing is what I have in mind might come off as a little unorthodox," Shane admitted. "Now I'm officially curious," Bonnie smiled. This whole thing seemed like a flirting game.

"Good. Ahhh. What do you know about hypnosis," Shane asked. "It's a hippy, science crack type of thing," I said and he laughed. "You really think that would work," Bonnie asked. "You practice witchcraft but you don't believe in hypnotism. Bonnie listened. You're afraid to practice magic because those witch spirits convinced you it's wrong. They threatened your grams and they made you feel guilty. You just have to confront that fear... and that guilt and remove it," Shane said while they keep intense eye contact. I felt like a third wheel.

"Maybe. I don't think hypnosis would work. WItches are naturally immune to any sort of manipulation," Bonnie said. "Really? Well, let me ask you something. How'd you like to put that earring back on," Shane said. Bonnie looked down at the earrings on the table.

Whatever.

<~>

Seven hours later of pointless meditation and hypnosis and Bonnie finally left. "I didn't come here for therapy. I came here for information. Know that I know you're dead-end--"

"The only way to find more about your mother is to tap into that side of you," Shane interrupted me. "Not just my mother but my father too," I said. "You already know about your father. You've already tapped into that side of you when you first turned. Your mother. She's... she's a different story," Shane said as if he was reminiscing over memories.

"You knew my mother," I asked. "Knew of her. Witches talked of her like a myth, a legend. I only know so much but I believe that if we can strengthen your witch side and embrace it you could be just as great as her. You'll remember everything," Shane said. "Remember her. Like hidden memories," I asked.

"I'm afraid that's all you get today. But to get more, I need you to do something for me..."

A/N: CLIFFHANGERRRRR! We finna be at 12k. Nah fr!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!
1035 words.