4: Anos sessenta

Anos sessenta; The sixties

Fast forward to the day of the Decade Dance >>>

"So the fine brothers of this residence are just handing over their expensive house," I asked Elena. "For now. As sole owner, I'm the only one who can invite a certain type of person in here. If you know what I mean," Elena said. "Your own personal safe house," Bonnie said.

"Girl, you got those brothers wrapped around your little finger. You should be grateful," I whined and both rolled their eyes. When Elena finished signing the paper we walked him to the door where we met Stefie and Damn. "Thank you, Mr. Henry," Elena said, shaking his hand.

"Bye, Mr. Henry," I said smiling. The brother went to walk into the house but the barrier stopped them and I slammed the door in front of them. "Cam," Elena looked at me. "Elena," I said in an accent so she smiled. She opened the door despite my favors.

"Your lawyer speaks a good case," I said, folding my arms. "I'm sorry... Stefan would you like to come inside of my house," Elena said pettily. "I would love to. Thank you," Stefan said, stepping in. "What are we, twelve," Damon asked. "One of us is," Elena said. "Damn. Well, you folks have fun. Me gots school," I said walking away.

"Wait, you're my ride," I said coming back into the house. "You're going like that," Elena asked. "Yeah. what's wrong with what I have on," I looked down at my outfit. I had ripped jean shorts showcasing my hips and ass. Along with a sports bra and a windbreaker jacket. "Wait. Where are you going," Stefan asked.

"Corner store," I said. "To school," Elena said. "No. no. no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it," Damon said. "Klaus is still out there. We know that," Stefan said. "Right. But where," Elena said. "When the guy grows a pair and shows his face then we'll worry. But I say live it like it's your last. It potentially is," I shrugged.

"Right. And I'm not gonna be a prisoner," Elena added. "Your way, Elena," Damon said. "Don't worry. I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. I know how," Bonnie said. "C'mon," I said and we left. "Wait. I'm coming," Stefan yelled after us.

At school...

"Hey, Salts. Sorry, I'm late. Before you ask, I don't have an excuse. Wait, I was making stakes," I whispered to him. It was a lie. I had people to meet before the bell rang and we were held back. I went to my seat behind Elena and she waved a flyer in my face for a 60's Decade Dance. "No. Hell no. Wait, are there going to be adult drinks? Maybe," I said and she smiled.

"What are we learning today," Ric said. "With the Decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week," Dana said. "Right. The sixties," Ric said. "Jake, shut the fuck up," I said because he was whispering in my ear. "

Jake laughed in my ear so I turned around and smacked him. "Cam. Shhh," Elena said. "I know, I know," I huffed. I caught Ric staring at me so I nodded at him. "The, uh, ahem... The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties. But.. actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Battles of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else is there? The Cuban missile thing. The-- we walked on the moon, that was watergate," Ric said.

"Watergate was the seventies, dude," I said fiddling with my pencil while my legs were resting on my desk. Some folks looked at me weird and I rolled my eyes.

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up there, the sixties, the seventies. Thank you, Cameron," he stared at me and the sun started shining right on my face. I took some sunglasses out of my pocket and put them on my face.

At Lunch...

Caroline suggested to one of my teachers that my detention punishment should be helping with the decoration for the dance. I was skipping anyway. "Elena. You're going to the dance with Stefan, I assume," I asked as we were walking to our table.