94 - Special

Hannah was the only one stopping Patrick from proposing. He wanted Tessa to be his wife.

He asked, "Do you want it before or after our baby is born?"

He expected her to protest because of Hannah. Although she understood his daughter better than the teen understood herself.

"I think it depends on what kind of wedding we're talking about?"

"A shotgun wedding."

She laughed and swatted at him. "Stop! I mean, guests. Do we want friends and extended family or just our kids?"

"How about our kids, your parents and...?"

"Kristi and Dan."

He nodded. "It's hard to draw the line, but I'd ask if my parents want to come. Do you want your sisters?"

She smiled. "Have you proposed?"

"No, but I would if I was sure you'd say yes and not run away."

"I can't walk, never mind run."

He felt a jolt in his heart. "As much as I want to ask you this minute, when I told the kids I was dating, I promised I would tell them certain things. Gabby and Kev already assume, but Hannah is different."

He didn't want to use Dr. Deb again. Maybe he could talk to her on the way to school on Sunday.

Empathetic Tessa said, "Hannah will come around. She's going to mature at school. I bet she's a different girl by Thanksgiving."

He smiled. "I hope you're right. You also said she'll outgrow the boy by then."

Tessa nodded. "That's part of her growing up."

"Do you feel like going out?" He wanted to take her on a date. "It's a warm night. We could go someplace with outdoor seating."

She nodded. "I'm tired of being housebound."

"I'll help dress you." He winked.

"I thought you wanted to go out." Her voice filled with amusement.

Once he helped her upstairs, he lifted her shirt. Her shorts hardly fastened. "You need new clothes. Is it a matter of money?"

She laughed. "I have money. I just haven't bothered because I don't leave the house and this cast."

He couldn't resist the urge. He sank to his knees and kissed their baby. "You know we can go out anytime when we don't have an empty house." He left a trail of kisses until he reached her breasts. He didn't play fair as he targeted her vulnerability.

She giggled. "Are you going to feed me after you've had your way with me?"

He nodded. He would either cook or walk to The Landing for sandwiches. He had stopped thinking of it as sex. They made love and his heart soared with their closeness, but sensations throughout his body brought pleasure like none other he'd known. Looking up at her as she moved on top of him, he felt the pleasure build. Her face told him she felt the same. When she leaned back to take him deeper, he felt her tighten around him. He exploded, bursting with love.

"I love you, Tess." She curled up next to him. "I love you forever"

"I love you too. Patrick, I wasn't always this happy."

He stroked her hair. "I know. You struggled after David, but you're strong now."

"I almost didn't come back. I was in a dark place. Without Kelsey..." She shook her head. "But I found my way out of the hole with some professional help. What if I go back there?"