9 - Secrets

This is the second of a double update.

Kristi hadn't expected the woman to be at Megan's house. She was nice, but she was hiding something with all her secrets.

When Megan sent her upstairs to get the girls, she poked her head in to see Abbie. Megan's little one was special to her since the day she witnessed her birth. She loved Megan's three like they were her nieces and nephew.

Kristi asked Abbie where her Daddy was.

"At soccer with Nicky."

Her friend said, "My daddy's in heaven."

Kristi was pretty sure the secretive woman didn't expect her own daughter to be telling her secrets. She liked knowing things that no one else knew.

Once downstairs alone with her, she tried to think of something to say. She should have commented on her cute kids. Every mother liked it. Instead, she blurted out what was in her head. She should have known Patrick was right. The little girl was really asleep. She would tell him, but he was getting ready for another date.

In the car with the girls, she asked, "How was hanging out with the little girl?"

Sophie replied, "Maya is fun. She's smart and not annoying like Abby. We had fun being her teachers."

Ivy added, "Yeah, I was the art teacher."

Her daughter enjoyed art.

As she drove, she thought about Tessa being a single parent who lost her husband. Kristi was there to help Patrick. She wondered who helped Tessa. She took her speculation one step further, as she thought he must have had lots of life insurance if she didn't have to work.

Good thing no one heard what went through her mind. While the girls were looking at clothes, she sent a text to Patrick. Have fun tonight. I want to hear all about it!