I decide to leave my clothes behind. If they see our room empty, they'll figure out we escaped. That's ok, it was nothing but the ugly uniforms Kuvira made us wear. I do grab my journal and the few of the trinkets I brought from home, and I finish stuffing them in my bag.

Finally! After three long years, we're going home.

...

"Bolin, can we talk? I have something to tell you."

"Yeah, I have something to tell you, too," he says.

"Really? Well let's say it at the same time."

"Ok, 3,2,1-"

"Kuvira's crazy!" "I'm a spy!" We both say at the same time.

"Wait," he says, clearly shocked by my confession. "You're a spy?"

"You think Kuvira's crazy?" I ask just as shocked.

Praise! I feel so relieved. It was so hard to see my best friend being manipulated and thinking he was doing the right thing. Bolin is such a beautiful person, and I know he meant well. Which is why my hatred for Kuvira and Baatar Jr. grows everyday. I hate them for making my best friend follow their sick and twisted plans, and I hate myself even more for letting it go on for so long.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you mean you're a spy?"

I guess it's now or never.

"Well, it all started when Raiko asked me to return to Republic City..."

...

"So that's what happened."

When I say I told him everything, I mean absolutely everything. From my break up with Wing, to my hatred for Baatar Jr, to my fallout with Korra, everything. I'll understand if he hates me after this. I've been lying to everybody for years.

"Wow, um, I was not expecting that."

"I wanted to tell you, really, but I couldn't! Raiko ordered Jade and I not to tell anyone. I understand if you're hurt, just... Please don't hate me," I beg him.

"Are you kidding me? I can't hate you, Kitty. I understand, you were just trying to protect me. Plus, who else can say that they have a spy as a best friend? That's so cool! I just wish our friends knew the truth. Mako is going to feel like a real jerk."

"Me, too," I sigh. "You're too good to me, Boli. Ok, so we need to get out of here. What are we going to do?" I ask him.

"First, we need to get Varrick and Zhu Li."

"Mmm, are you sure? Can we trust Varrick?" I ask.

"Come on, Kitty. Varrick and Zhu Li are our friends. If we escape, Kuvira will think they're in on it and she'll kill them. We have to take them with us, please."

I think about it for a second. Maybe Suyin was right. Varrick has made some terrible decisions, but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a second chance, and I don't want him or Zhu Li to get hurt.

"Ok, you're right. Let's go get them, and let's get out of here."

...

"Kitty, move your butt," Jade whispers to me.

"I would if Bolin would move faster!" I whisper back to her.

"Don't blame me," Bolin whines. "Besides, we're here."

Jade, Bolin, and I are sneaking through the trains air vents to find Varrick and Zhu Li so we can get out of here. And let me tell you, this is not meant for three people to climb through, but this is the only way we can find them. I can say, as uncomfortable as this is, I could crawl through a million air vents and it'd still be better than going through another three years of traveling with Kuvira and Baatar Jr.