♡ not meant to be || park jeongwoo

Start from the beginning

"No, Jeongwoo." You frowned. "Aren't you singing for the festival? You can't just cancel your act and come to meet me. Besides, it's a festival for charity, and people would really donate if they heard you sing. Don't ditch the festival. We can always meet up, I'm here for another week, after all." You tried convincing the male, sighing in relief when he grudgingly agreed.

"Fine, then. How about this week, Thursday? I'm positive I have nothing that day. No lectures, no parties, no outings, nothing at all." He looked at you in anticipation, hoping you were free too.

You bit your lip, going through your schedule, brows furrowed. "Hm, we have a seminar that morning, but it ends at 11. I'm free for the day after that," you spoke, meeting Jeongwoo's gaze through the screen, smiling widely, which caused him to do the same.

"I won't give up, princess. We are going to meet up if it's the last thing I do."

|<><><><><>|

Wednesday, 09:52am — "Yes, Sir. Yep, no problem. We could do that, yes. Okay, good night."

You grimaced as you buried your face in your hands, frustrated with the situation. As it was the last week of you guys being in Korea, your department head wanted to treat everyone in your batch to lunch and dinner, along with an escape room experience for some fun after the dreadful seminar you guys had.

Fisting your hands over your eyes, you held back a choked sob, not knowing to break the situation to Jeongwoo. The two of you were planning to meet up on tomorrow, but things didn't work out with the day your department head had planned.

It wasn't like you could refuse to go with them ... you were their guide, after all.

Your roommate, Hana, who was the guide of the Engineering faculty, watched you with a sympathetic gaze, having known all the plans you and Jeongwoo had made. She walked towards you, sitting on your bed as she patted your back, feeling bad for you.

"Maybe I can take your faculty around tomorrow?" She offered, wanting to do her best to help you out, since you had done so for her frequently.

You shook your head, knowing it wouldn't work. "Mr Costell insisted he wanted all of us to go, so I can't just burden you like that. Besides, it's a faculty day, and that means you can't do the tour with them." You sighed, shakily grabbing your phone. "I'll just text Jeongwoo."

"I'm sure he'll understand. Oof, if only I could kick Mr Costell back to Canada." Hana tried cheering you up, ruffling your hair as you sniffled, typing through your teary eyes.

i don't think i can make it tomorrow, woo.
our head planned a faculty day out

again?
what is with your faculty head and impromptu trips?
it's fine, i guess
our uni has another fundraiser tomorrow, i'll just help out there

i'm really sorry, woo
what about friday?
we are leaving on saturday, so we are getting the whole friday free
are you free?

yeah, definitely. let's do friday
don't be disheartened, princess
we will meet each other, no worries

you are the best, jeongwoo
see you on friday near the han river :)
i love you <3

i love you more <3
good night, sleep well

|<><><><><>|