12. Bathroom Chats

Start from the beginning

"I see who your favourite is mom" I teased. Zara got off me and returned to the couch with a huff.

"Zara stop threatening to kill your sister she's younger than you" my mom shouted again. I looked at Zara smugly. 

She rolled her eyes and threw couch cushions at me. I threw them back and retreated upstairs. 

Erika's POV

The morning after the party I was woken up incredibly early by my dad. The sun was barely up but here I was. 

Awake. 

At this time. 

I stared at my wall for thirty minutes as my body took time to fully wake up. When it felt right I got out of bed only for my vision to be clouded with black dots and my body to hit the floor. Aideen walked past my door to find me lying on the ground staring at the ceiling. 

"When was the last time you took your iron tablets?" she chuckled. I narrowed my eyes at her and she continued walking. 

I pulled myself off the floor and shuffled into my bathroom. Instead of taking a shower I decided that a nice bath was in order for today. I drew myself a hot bath and submerged myself into its comforting depths. I let my mind wonder as my body absorbed the effects of the hot water. 

As soon as the thought of Kina crossed my mind I found myself fighting my thoughts. Memories of all the studio session we had shared where it was just the two of us, replayed themselves in my mind. 

"Erika?" Hyejin knocked softly on my door, pulling me out of my thoughts. 

"Yes?" I questioned.

"Don't forget we have to go see the rest of the family in an hour so hurry up" she spoke against the door. I sighed and let my head sink under the water.  When I came up for air Hyejin was gone. I stepped out of the tub, wrapped myself in a towel and drained the bath water. I rinsed the tub and left my bathroom. 

I took my chima jeogori out of it's garment bag and placed it onto my bed. 

"Do we have to wear hanboks today?" I asked my mother as she entered my room with a pile of freshly washed and ironed laundry. 

"It goes without say Cherry" she stroked my wet hair gently.

"I had hope" I sighed. She chuckled and put the laundry down on my bed. 

"Get dressed we only have 45 minutes till your father is going to make us leave" she instructed before leaving my room and closing my door behind her. I hurriedly put on a pair of leggings and a singlet over my underwear before putting on my hanbok. 

 I took my small white mini backpack and left my room. I snuck into the kitchen to the snack drawer to smuggle some snacks into the bag. 

"She stealin'. She stealin'" Taeyang joked as he walked into the kitchen. I stuck my tongue out at him. He ruffled my hair as he went to the fridge. 

"Yah. I just brushed my hair you pabo" I shouted. He ruffled my hair more which caused me to slap his hand. 

"Ouch. That hurt Erika" he whined. Aideen walked in and shook her head at him. 

"Serves you right Taeyang" she scoffed. She looked at me.

"Go brush your hair" she started. I took myself and my bag back to my room. 

"and put something nice in your hair!" She shouted from the kitchen. I groaned and brushed my hair out once again before putting my favourite cherry blossom hair clip in my hair. 

"You know we're doing this twice. We're going to do this New Year celebration for the western New Year and then at the end of the month we're doing it again but more traditional for Seollal" I said when I emerged from my room once again.