Ch.44 The Evil Queen

It wasn't long until Elena brought Olivia over to the Storybrooke Hospital where the doctors pulled Olivia down on the rolling bed as Elena ran by her side until they stopped in the operating room.

"What happened?" the doctor asked Elena.

"I don't know!" Elena answered with fright while holding up a Ziploc bag that contained the pie, "She just took a bite of this and she collapsed!"

"Were there any signs that it could have been poisoned? Like, was she foaming at the mouth?"

"No. She just started coughing before she dropped!"

"Elena!" Brooke suddenly appeared as she ran up to Elena, "I got your text, what happened?!"

"Olivia took a bite of this pie and then she just collapsed! And now she's not waking up!"

"Wait, let me see that."

Elena handed her the bag as Brooke examined it.

"Apple!" she gasped, "Elena, where did you get this pie?"

"What are you talking about? You left it for me on the doorstep."

"What?" Brooke responded confused, "I didn't do that."

"You didn't?" Elena's eyes widen, "But there was a note saying that it was from you!"

"Elena, I am telling you, I didn't give you this pie. But I think I know who did."

"Who?"

"Evelyn!"

"What?!" Elena gasped.

"She's the Evil Queen! And what is she famous for? The poison apple!"

"Wait! You're telling me that this pie was made by a poisoned apple?!"

"That is exactly what I'm telling you!"

"But- but if that's true, then that means that Evelyn tried to give me the pie!"

"What? What do you mean?"

"The note said that the pie was for me, but I didn't want it so I gave it to Olivia!"

Brooke gasped with her hand over her mouth.

"But why would she want to poison me?!" Elena gasped.

"I know," Brooke said with shock, "To prevent you from breaking the curse."

"What?! But-but I thought you said that she's my mother!"

"She is! But I don't know the full story on all of this! I suggest we find her right now!"

"But what about Olivia?"

"We'll do all we can," the doctor assured her.

Elena gave a worried sigh, hoping that Olivia will be alright.

"Come on," Brooke said, "We have to stop Evelyn."

So Elena and Brooke went out of the hospital and got into Brooke's car and drove off with Brooke at the wheel.

"Get the spellbook and the hand mirror from the backseat," she ordered Elena, "And flip the book open to the bookmarked page."

"Got it," Elena said with the book on her lap and the hand mirror on her hand.

"All you have to do is aim the mirror at Evelyn and say the spell and she'll be sucked into the mirror."

"Wait," Elena's eyes widen, "I have to say this spell? Like, with magic?!"

"I know that you don't believe that you have magic, but it's still there inside you. You just need something to bring it out. Trust me."

Once again, Elena didn't know what to believe. But if it's the only way to save Olivia, she might as well try.

"And by the way," Brooke added, "I think your mother is the only other person besides me who isn't really cursed, meaning that she has all her memories. So even though you may not remember her, she definitely remembers you."

"Well," Elena scowled, "If she really is my mother, she is one bad influencer on her own daughter."

"There she is!" Brooke pointed to Evelyn, or in this case, the Evil Queen who was walking down the sidewalk.

As soon as Brooke parked her car, the girls got out with the book and hand mirror in Brooke's hands.

"Evelyn!" Elena called out with anger as the mayor turned around.

And just as she thought, the mayor looked surprised to see her still awake.

"Miss Jensen," she said with a fake smile, "What can I do for you?"

"You did this!" Elena yelled while pointing her finger at her.

"Did what?"

"You poisoned that apple pie to give it to me! Well, guess what?! I didn't eat it, Olivia did!"

The Queen's eyes widen as she tried to remain calm.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she frowned.

"Yes, you do!" Elena growled while clenching her fists, "You know exactly what you did! Mother!"

At that moment, the Queen nearly gasped at what Elena just called her.

"You're-you're awake?" she gasped.

"Not exactly," Elena replied with a frown, "But now I'm starting to believe everything Brooke told me. I knew that there was something familiar about you when I met you. You look like me, and how could that be unless you're my mother? But it all makes sense now, you are my mother, the Evil Queen! You're the one who cursed my friends and you tried to poison me with an apple pie! Why?! Why would you do that to me?!"

The Evil Queen didn't say anything for a moment as she just glared at the girls.

"I never meant to harm you," she finally said, "That pie was supposed to only put you to sleep. I was going to wake you up afterward, of course, after I erased your memories of Storybrooke."

"I knew it," Brooke scowled, "You tried to poison your own daughter just so she wouldn't be able to break your curse!"

"I can't believe you!" Elena growled, "I can't believe that I'm related to you!"

"Well, too bad!" her mother snapped, "You know, none of this would've happened if you would've just accepted your destiny and follow in my footsteps!"

"Even though I don't remember everything, I will never be evil like you! You can't decide on my destiny, I choose it! I'm happy being me, and now you've taken a friend away from me!"

"I did what I had to do! You shouldn't be friends with your enemy, you have to hate her! And once you learn to hate her, you'll feel powerful that nothing can stand in your way. Don't you wanna make mama proud?"

"Being evil and hating my friend is not what I want! I love my friends, being evil is not going to help me, it'll only help you! All you care about is yourself!"

"Raven!" the Queen gasped.

"And now my friend is in a deep sleep because of you! Wake her up! Wake her up now!"

"I can't," the Queen casually responded, "There's nothing I can do."

Elena felt her blood boil some more while clenching her fists.

"Oh, just deal with it honey," her mother frowned, "All that princess ever wanted was for you to be evil so she could get her happily ever after. She's just a spoiled wannabe who only cares about becoming queen, I bet she doesn't even care about you."

Elena was getting more mad by the second as purple flames began to form on her head without her knowledge.

"Uh, Elena," Brooke's eyes widen when she saw the flames.

"Don't. You. EVER! Talk about my friend like that!" Elena growled as the flames got bigger "EVER AGAIN!"

And with that, magic shot out from her hands and into the Evil Queen which sent her flying back and crashing into a car, her car. And as Elena gazed down at her hands, she saw steam coming out from them, not knowing what on earth just happened.