Ch.6 The Evil Message

(Flashback)

Once everyone, both students and staffs were in the Charmitorium and ready for the urgent meeting, everyone watched as Headmaster Grimm walked onto the stage and to the microphone. Because Raven was sitting in the front row, Headmaster Grimm turned his glance towards her with a promising nod to let her know that he was going to tell everyone the shocking news.

"Students," Grimm began to say into the speaker which made a loud screeching noise and everyone covered their ears.

Humphrey Dumpty, son of Humpty Dumpty quickly stepped onto the stage and towards the microphone to fix the noise.

"Thank you," Grimm thanked as Humphrey walked off the stage "Students and staff, thank you all for coming here on such short notice. I know you all are wondering why I called for this urgent meeting, and that's because I'm afraid I have some terrible news."

He glanced back down at Raven who motioned him to keep going as he cleared his throat.

"Everyone. I am afraid to inform that the Evil Queen has escaped from her mirror prison."

And just like that, everyone gasped and began to panic.

"Everyone!" Headmaster Grimm called out, "I understand that this is scary news, but we have to remain calm."

"Headmaster," Blondie Lockes, daughter of Goldilocks walked up to the stage with her Mirror Pad towards the headmaster with the camera rolling, "How is this possible? How did the Evil Queen escape from her mirror prison?"

"I've discovered that someone had smashed the mirror by throwing a rock at it. I don't know who did it, but we'll find this person."

"It's probably Raven" someone suddenly whispered as Raven quickly turned her head to see who the hex had said that.

"No, it was not Raven Queen," Grimm declared after hearing the whisper "I know that she would never do anything like this."

"That's true," Maddie agreed out loud as she sipped her tea.

"Then maybe it was Faybelle," another student guessed.

"Excuse me?!" Faybelle Thorn, daughter of the Dark Fairy exclaimed while jumping out of her seat, her wings hitting those sitting near her.

"Who said that?!" she demanded, "Look, I may be born to play a villain, but I would never let the Evil Queen out, no matter how wicked cool she is!"

"Sit down, Miss. Thorn," Grimm ordered as she crossed her arms before sitting back down, "Everyone, we have no idea who let the Evil Queen out at this point. But Raven Queen has agreed to find the culprit while also trying to find a way to put her mother back."

"But how?" Blondie asked, still filming the scene, "She can't trap her mother without the Booking Glass, it got destroyed."

"I know. But the Booking Glass isn't the only way to trap someone into the mirror realm."

"So where is the Evil Queen right now?"

All of a sudden, the doors to the Charmitorium burst opened with a loud bang, and there stood the very person everyone was talking about.

"I'm right here," the Evil Queen announced with an evil grin as everyone gasped.

Raven immediately sprang up from her seat with her eyes widen in shock.

"Sorry I'm late," the Queen continued to sneer as she began to walk down the aisle with everyone trying to back away from her as she made her way towards the stage.

"Stay back mom!" Raven ordered, already balling her fists that exposed her dark magic, "I won't hesitate to use my magic on you!"

"Oh sweetie," her mother grinned, "I'm flattered that you're willing to use your dark magic, but there's no need to do that. I'm not here to fight."

"Yeah right," Raven scoffed, "Now who was it that let you out of your prison? Who shattered the mirror?!"

"That's a question I don't mind answering. I don't know."

Raven's magic faded, "Wait, what? What do you mean you don't know?"

"I don't know who it was that threw the rock at the mirror. All I remember seeing was a dark figure on the window. I couldn't tell if it was a male or female. But that person, whoever he or she was, is the reason why I'm here to give you a much-needed hug."

The Queen held her arms out towards her daughter.

"Come on my little blackbird," she grinned, "Give mommy a hug."

Raven responded by exposing her magic, allowing her eyes to turn a bright purple as a warning.

"Hm," her mother dropped her arms, "I can see you're not in a hugging mood right now."

"Why are you here, mother?" Raven demanded.

"I'm just here to deliver a message. Excuse me, for a moment."

The Evil Queen made her way onto the stage as Headmaster Grimm stayed back.

"Hello Milton," she greeted, "Nice to see you again."

He just glared at her as she turned to the audience with a smirk on her face.

"Well well," she sneered, "Look at all of you next generations of fairytales, I hope you all are ready to follow your destiny, whether you have a happily ever after or not."

"Just cut to the chase, mom," Raven ordered, "What is this message you wanted to give us?"

"Oh, right. Well, it's more of a gift really."

"We want nothing from you" Grimm declared.

"Be you'll get it anyway. This is my gift to everyone. The gift of an unhappy ending."

Everyone once again gasped.

"I know some of you already have unhappy endings, such as Miss. Duchess Swan, who loses her prince at the end and stays a swan forever."

Duchess Swan, daughter of the Swan Queen tried to hold back her tears. But failed to do so as a tear flowed down her face by the thought of her story.

"But this unhappy ending is far worse. Soon, everything and everyone you love will be lost. I shall destroy everyone's happiness if it's the last thing I do!"

"Not if I stop you!" Raven scowled, once again clenching her fists.

"You may have stopped me before, honey, but this time, you won't. And you want to know why? It's because what I'm about to do is something that's never been done before, something so powerful that once it happens, not even I can stop it."

Raven scoffed, "You're bluffing."

"Am I?"

"It doesn't matter, you can't take everyone's happiness. Whatever you're planning on doing, I will stop you if it's the last thing I do!"

The Queen let out a mocking laugh "Good luck with that."

And with that, the queen used her powers to make herself disappear in a cloud of purple smoke. After she vanished, everyone once again started to freak out as Raven hurried onto the stage.

"Everyone listen!" Raven spoke in the microphone "I know you all are even more scared now, but I will find a way to stop my mother."

"You might want to do it quickly," Briar suggested, "We don't know what she's planning on doing and when."

"I will find that out. My mother may be the Evil Queen, but I'm just as powerful as she is. And whatever she's up to, I will stop her."

"But what if you fail?" Briar asked, "What if she hurts you?"

"She's my mother," Raven said "She'll never hurt me... I hope."