Ch.8 A King's theory

(Flashback)

After that terrifying meeting, everyone left the Charmitorium with terror in their eyes. All of them fearing what the Evil Queen meant when she declared that she was going to take away everyone's happiness. As for Raven, that's exactly what she was planning on finding out first.

"Raven," Apple joined her side as they walked down the hall, "Please tell me you got an idea on where to start."

"I do," she nodded while stepping to the side and taking out her Mirror Phone, "I'm gonna call my dad, perhaps my mom stopped by our palace."

And with that, Raven began to call her dad, the Good King.

"I know why you're calling me," was the first thing he said as soon as he picked up.

"So you know about mom?"

"I saw her in her lair earlier, I can't believe that she's free."

"I know, someone shattered the mirror which allowed her to escape."

"Really? Someone shattered the mirror?"

"Yeah, I don't know who could've done that, mom doesn't even know. And not only that, she just threatened the school saying that she's going to take away everyone's happiness and give us an unhappy ending, whatever that could mean."

"Actually, I think I know what she's planning."

"You do?" Raven gasped, "Hold on a second. Apple, you need to hear this."

She put the call on speakers as the girls listened.

"Dad, what do you mean you know what she's planning."

"Well, it's just a theory," he responded, "After she left the lair, most likely to go to your school, I went into the lair and found this scroll with a certain spell. Now, I've come across a bunch of evil spells in my life, but this spell looks like something beyond evil."

The girls felt a chill running down their spines.

"How so?" Raven asked.

"Well, for starters, the spell is in cursed gibberish, and you know what that means."

"Huh?" Apple tilted her head.

"When a spell is in cursed gibberish," Raven explained, "It usually means that it's an ancient spell, meaning that it's more powerful and most likely dangerous than other evil spells."

"Oh," Apple cringed.

"Dad, what else can you tell us about this spell?"

"Well, the description was in Latin, and if I'm correct, this is not just any spell, it's a curse."

"A curse?!" they both gasped, already drawing attention towards them.

"Uh-" Raven awkwardly muttered as she pulled Apple away from the public, "Dad, are you sure?"

"I'm pretty sure. I've spent most of my life studying Latin, and by the look of it, it sure looked like a serious curse."

"Oh my goodness," Apple quietly gasped, not wanting to attract any more attention.

"Dad, if this is true, you need to hide that scroll."

"Already done," she heard him say.

"Really?"

"I hid the scroll as soon as I read it."

"Did you hid it well?"

"I hope so. However, there was another thing I noticed about this curse, it requires ingredients."