Ch.19 Found Scroll

(Flashback)

By the time night had fallen, the Evil Queen still hasn't found the scroll. But she wasn't going to give up. It was already past midnight and she was still up, strolling around her old palace, wondering where the scroll could be. What place hasn't she checked yet? She's checked the library, her husband's room, her daughter's room, the servants' rooms, even the kitchen, but the scroll wasn't in any of those. Still, she had a feeling that the scroll was somewhere in the palace, where else hasn't she looked?

"If I were a scroll that wanted to stay hidden," she thought, "Where would I be?"

She began to think when she came upon the door that led to the dungeon, and that's when it hit her. She hasn't checked the dungeon, nobody has gone into the dungeon in decades making it the perfect hiding spot! But was the scroll really in there? Only one way to find out.

The Queen slowly opened the door to the dungeon, her nose crinkling by the scent of dust and mold and all things old. Using her magic to create a ball of light, she stepped into the dark and cold dungeon and began to make her way down the spiral steps. Down she goes until she reached the bottom where all the cells were. In some of the cells, human skeletons laid on the stone floor, their pieces already knawed on by the rats as spiders crawled over the bones. The Queen didn't remember the last time she's been down in the dungeon as she tried not to look at the bones. Even as a dark sorceress, she had to admit that looking at dead things grossed her out. But now, now was the time to find that scroll for once.

So stopping in her tracks, she cleared her mind and began to say a spell.

"To find the item you wish to seek. Just say these words and here's a peak!"

And just like that, a large ghostly purple clawed hand shot out from the ball of magic as it shot through the dungeon. It soon entered a cell, dug through it for a bit before taking out the very scroll the Queen was looking for as it brought it back to her.

"YES!" she shouted out, her scream echoing throughout the dungeon that scared away the rats.

"Yes!" she shouted again, this time quietly as she gripped onto the scroll, "Well, you certainly did a good job hiding the scroll, my boring husband. But not good enough."

With the scroll back into her hands, all the Evil Queen had to do now was keep it with her while gathering the ingredients, and then she will be ready to cast the curse.

The following morning, as soon as Elena drove to Storybrooke High, she entered the school to head over to her new locker where she placed most of her supplies into. Pretty soon, she was going to have to decorate her locker because she couldn't stand it being blank.

"Morning," Olivia soon joined up with her.

"Hey," Elena replied with a smile.

"So, has Brooke found you a new home yet?"

"Not yet, she says that she's still looking. But if she doesn't find one, I think I will take that spare room in your place?"

"You will?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "It looks nice. Not to mention that Lauren said that we'll be neighbors before she lives a few blocks down."

"Oh yeah," Olivia giggled, "She sure loves to come by and share some tea and crumpets with me."

"Oh, by the way, how are things with you and Aidan? Are you guys still planning on hanging out this weekend, just the two of you?"

"We are," Olivia smiled, "We're going to the movies."

"Oo, that sounds fun."

"But what about you?" Olivia smirked, "Have you spoken to Terrence yet?"

"Honestly, I tried to find him after school yesterday, but I couldn't find him."

"Oh. Well, it's a good thing you have him in Music and Chemistry today."

"Yeah, I'll try to talk to him when I can."

"And try to get his number too. I would give it to you myself, but where's the fun in that?"

"Exactly," Elena agreed while closing her locker.

"Do you remember where to go?"

"I think I do. If not, I'll use the map you gave me."

"Alright, I'll see you in Music class."

After Elena left, Olivia went to her locker and opened it while placing a textbook into it. But when she closed the locker, she was surprised to find Reyna standing next to her and leaning against the locker.

"Hey Olivia," she greeted with a sneer.

"What do you want, Reyna?" Olivia asked annoyed.

"I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

Reyna kept her sneer on her face while crossing her arms.

"How are you and Aidan doing?"

"Me and Aidan?" Olivia responded, wondering why Reyna wanted to know about her relationship, "Um, we're doing good."

"Are you sure about that?" Reyna asked with a hint of doubt, "He's not like, keeping any secrets from you?"

"Secrets? What do you mean? Aidan and I tell each other everything, we don't keep secrets from each other."

Reyna's sneer turned into a sneaky grin, "Really?"

"What?" Olivia demanded.

"Are you sure that Aidan is not keeping any secrets from you? A secret such as... oh, I don't know, seeing another girl behind your back?"

"What, like he's cheating on me? Uh, hell no, he would never do that to me."

"I think you might wanna re-think that."

"What are you talking about?"

"You might not believe me if I tell you, so instead, I'm gonna show you."

Reyna got out her phone and showed Olivia the video of Aidan and Ilene talking behind the bleachers during the football practice. Olivia watched as Aidan talked about breaking up with her after their date this weekend, and she was shocked when Aidan called Ilene 'his girl'."

"Aidan?" she gasped.

She continued to watch as Aidan then kissed Ilene on the lips while putting his hand on her read end. But what really shocked her was when she heard Ilene say to save the butt-touching for the bed. The bed! Once the video ended, Olivia stood there in complete shock as she felt her notebooks slipping out of her hands and onto the floor. After all this time, she had learned a secret about her boyfriend. Not only was Aidan planning to break up with her, but he's been cheating on her with Ilene Moore, and he was sleeping with her as well!

Olivia's heart shattered in two as tears flowed down her face. But that sadness soon turned to anger as she felt her blood began to boil.

"Can I borrow your phone?" she asked Reyna with a mad look.

Reyna gave a sneaky smile as she handed Olivia her phone.

"I'll return it soon," she promised in a grumble as she walked away, looking for Aidan, her soon-to-be ex-boyfriend.