Ch.32 A Pawnshop Plus Drama

After getting some late lunch at a local pizza parlor, the girls went back to their walk around Storybrooke. As they strolled down the sidewalk, they soon came upon a little store that read Storybrooke Pawn Shop.

"Oo!" Lauren's eyes grew big with excitement, "Elena, have you been here yet?"

"A pawnshop?" Elena raised an eyebrow, "Uh, no."

"Well, you should. It's owned by Mr. Gram's brother who is a lot nicer than him."

"Mr. Gramm has a brother?"

"Yeah," Hailee nodded, "Steve Gram, very interesting man. Come on, we'll introduce you to him."

The girls stepped inside the pawnshop as the door rung a bell. Now inside, Elena was amazed by the many things this pawnshop had. Some were modern things, but a lot were antiques.

"Oh!" a middle-aged man appeared from the back and stepped behind the counter, "What can I do for you girls?"

"Hi, Mr. Gram," Olivia greeted with a smile, "We're just looking around."

"This is Elena," Lauren added while pointing to their new friend, "She's new here."

"Oh," he remarked with amusement with a friendly smile, "It's nice to meet you, Elena. Are you now attending Storybrooke High?"

"I am," she nodded.

"Have you met my brother yet, the principal?"

"I did," she let out a nervous laugh.

"I know, he's not a very fun-loving man. You can say he's old-schooled. But I, on the other hand, love to mix things up with the old and the new."

"I can see," she commented while motioning the pawnshop, "You have a lot of cool stuff in here."

"Feel free to look around. You girls let me know if you need anything."

The girls began to walk around the pawnshop while observing the many items the pawnshop had to offer. There were a pair of red ballerina shoes, a golden hand mirror, a top hat, a ship in a bottle, there was even an antique mirror that hung on the wall which Elena used to check her appearance. But as she was looking at her reflection, that's when she suddenly saw her eyes turning a bright purple for a second as she let out a gasp while stepping back.

"Elena?" Julie spoke, "You okay?"

"Uh-" she mumbled, her heart pounding for a moment as she tried to calm herself, "Yeah, I'm fine. I thought I saw something."

Not wanting her friends to worry, Elena stepped away from the mirror, hoping that gazing at the other artifacts would take her mind off what just happened.

"Oo," Macy suddenly remarked while picking up a pair of black sunglasses with pink roses decorations, "These are cute."

"Whoa," Kayla picked up a bronze and golden wolf mask, "Now this is something."

After looking around for a bit, Elena didn't find anything she would like to get. So after Macy and Kayla paid for the objects they wanted the get, the girls bid Mr. Gram a good day before stepping out of the pawnshop.

"Macy," Olivia said, "Why did you have to get those sunglasses, you already have some."

"Now like these," Macy smirked, already wearing her new shades, "Besides, Kayla and I did bargain so I wouldn't say these were a waste."

"But why are you wearing them right now?" Francis asked, "It's gonna be winter in about 2 weeks."

"I'm just trying them on. Come on, you have to admit I look good in these."