Ch.24 A New Friendship

Readers, at this point in the story, we, the Narrators, will take turns going back and forth from a flashback to the present. As a reminder, whenever we narrate a section in the present day, that means all of the characters are still in Storybrooke while all flashbacks will usually take place back at Ever After. Now, in order to understand this story, we will need to go back to the past every once in a while to learn some things about the characters and the overall story. So at this point on, now that you have read how the Dark Curse was cast, all flashback stories will take place before the curse. Go ahead and keep on reading, Reader, because, without your help, the story will not go on. -The Narrators.

(Flashback)

A few years ago, starting Ever After High as a first-year student sounds like an exciting time. But for 14-year-old Raven Queen, this was a moment of extreme nervousness. It was the last week before classes began, and all students, new and former were back at Ever After High to get ready for the new school year. From princesses to princes, heroes, and villains, all students were at Ever After High with a week left to prepare them for the new school year. But for Raven, Ever After High was a place she desperately didn't want to be at. Throughout her life, being the daughter of the infamous Evil Queen has been rough. Whenever she would go out into the public, everyone avoided her like the plague. Whenever they saw her, they saw her mother. And now that she was being forced to attend Ever After High where she would learn how to become a wicked villain like her mother against her will, all Raven wanted to do at this point was hide in her room forever.

But no, all children of Fairy Tale characters had to attend the school, meaning that she had to go as well. And the first day was already starting off rocky. After saying a tearful goodbye to her father, and as soon as she stepped onto campus ground, everyone immediately backed away from her with fear. Raven was so used to everyone staying away from her that she didn't bother to show any emotion as she gathered her things and began towards the front entrance. Because all students lived in the dorms, that meant they had roommates. But for Raven, she knew that she would be living in a dorm by herself. The Headmaster had originally planned to room her with another villain, but the Good King refused that idea, suggesting that it would make his daughter more comfortable if she roomed alone. But even though Headmaster Grimm allowed that suggestion, a piece of Raven did want to room with someone, someone who will become her friend.

But of course, who would want to be friends with the daughter of the Evil Queen? Not even a child of another villain would want to befriend her. Ever since Nursery Rhyme School, Raven had been friendless. Not only because everyone feared her, but because that she was so gentle, not even the villain kids wanted to befriend her. Instead, Raven spent most of her childhood getting picked on by her classmates. Her mother had insisted that Raven should use her dark magic to get back at those who tormented her. But Raven always refused to do that, knowing that it would just make everyone fear her more. So after all those years of torment from both the outside world and her own mother, how much worse could it get now that she was at Ever After High?

After finding her dorm and placing her things there, Raven headed over to the Student Welcome Center to pick up her schedule and books. As always, everyone stepped away from her and even gave her dirty looks as she just kept her head down to avoid looking at anyone. As soon as she got her schedule and books, Raven hurried out of the Welcome Center, still keeping her head down while clutching her supplies. But as she began down the hallway, she didn't notice Faybelle Thorn standing to the side near the lockers. And once the fairy spotted Raven about to walk by, she felt an evil smirk forming across her face as she put her foot out in front of Raven and watched as she over her foot and land on the floor with her books scattered everywhere.

"Aw, did that hurt?" Faybelle mocked, "Maybe next time you should watch where you're going."

She let out a laugh before walking off as Raven kept silent as she picked up her books and sucked in her tears as she continued down the hall, already hearing the students talking about her to each other.