Ch.11 The Wonder Diner

(Flashback)

Now at Madam Yaga's hut, Raven anxiously waited for Madam Yaga to read over the Cursed Gibberish spell. As the witch read over the spell without saying anything, Raven began to tap her foot, a sign of her impatience growing. When will Madam Yaga say something?

"Um, Madam Yaga," she decided to speak, "Any chance you can hurry up?"

"Patience, Raven," she advised, "This is a very serious curse."

"So, you can read the spell?"

"Of course. And I must admit that this Dark Curse spell is unlike any other evil spell I've ever seen. I'm quite surprised that I've never seen this spell before. It should be as ancient as I am!"

"So, is it true about what the Dark Curse is about?"

The witch let out a sigh, "I'm afraid so."

"Oh boy," Raven nervously mumbled, "Is there any way to prevent it?"

"Well, one way is to make sure your mother doesn't find the scroll. But if she does, then I believe the only other way is to prevent her from gathering the ingredients."

"Whatever those may be," Raven grunted, "Sometimes my dad isn't the best when it comes to taking pictures."

"Well, I can already tell you one of the ingredients."

"You can?"

"For every dark spell that requires ingredients, I can almost assure that Dark Fairy dust is one of them."

"Huh," Raven remarked, "I guess that makes sense, seeing how the Dark Fairies are known for their curses."

"I'm sure your mother knows that too. But that could mean she already has that ingredient. If not, that's most likely the first thing she's going to get."

"Wait a minute," Raven's eyes widen, "If she doesn't have Dark Fairy dust yet and needs to get it, that means that she's either going to see the Dark Fairy for it or her daughter."

She sprang up from her chair, "I have to go warn Faybelle. If my mother comes to see her, Faybelle better not give her any Dark Fairy dust. My mother already manipulated Faybelle once and she better not do it again."

As soon as her first day of school was finished, Elena met up with Olivia once her last class was over as Olivia led her outside the school. And because it was still autumn, the girls had to zip up their coats to stay warm.

"So your first day at a new school is officially over," Olivia reported, "How was it?"

"Honestly," Elena responded, "It went a lot better than I expected."

"I'm glad to hear that," Olivia smiled, "So uh, is Brooke supposed to drive you back to the motel?"

"I think so, I wonder where she is."

"Well, I was kind of hoping to take you to the Wonder Diner."

"The Wonder Diner?"

"It's a really popular diner where students hang out. It's a short walk from here, plus I would like to show you around Main Street."

"Oh," Elena remarked, "I'd like that."

"Come on then."

Olivia was right about the diner being a short walk from the school. It only took about a minute for the girls to reach the diner where they spotted Lauren behind the counter.

"Hi girls!" she grinned.

"Lauren?" Elena raised an eyebrow, "You work here?"

"I do, my dad owns this diner."