Ch.40 The Winter Dance

Weeks have passed since the major school dramas have ended. Olivia forgave Aidan and Ilene, Ilene and Reyna forgave each other, Aidan and Ilene are now starting to redeem themselves while Reyna is now seeing a therapist to recover from her suicide attempt. Overall, everyone feels as though they can move on to a more important subject: The Winter Dance.

It was finally the night of the Winter Dance, and Elena was fixing her hair in her room when Olivia came in wearing her red and white dress.

"Oh my gosh, you look so cute!" she squealed as she looked at Elena's more edgy purple dress.

"You too," Elena smiled as she finished using the curling wand on her hair.

"Terrence is going to be blown when he sees you" Olivia smiled.

"It's not a formal dance, you know?"

"I know, but still. He's really lucky to have you as his date."

"And what about you?" Elena asked while putting on a pair of black lace fingerless gloves, "Are you okay going without a date?"

"Of course I'm okay," Olivia assured, "I'm just gonna be hanging out with the girls."

Ding-dong!

"Oo! That must be them!"

They hurried over to the door where Olivia opened it to find all of their friends on the other side, all dressed in their semi-formal dresses.

"Hey!" they all greeted with smiles.

"Oh my gosh," Olivia beamed, "You all look so cute!"

"So do the both of you!" Francis smiled back.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Macy asked.

"I think so," Olivia answered, "We might as well get going. I know that the two of you have some dates waiting."

As soon as she pointed to Elena and Julie, all of the girls began to giggle as Elena and Julie tried to hide their blushing faces.

"Well, come on!" Macy cheered, "We've got a dance to go to!"

The girls let out cheers before getting into their cars and driving over to their school where Elena and Julie met up with their dates. The Winter Dance was held in the gym which was decorated with lights and streamers and other decorations to give it that Winter Wonderland theme.

"Wow!" Elena gasped as they walked in.

"Nice huh?" Macy grinned, "I helped with the decorations."

"Will it looks great," Olivia commented with a smile.

"So uh, now what?" Elena asked.

"We do whatever we want!" Lauren replied in a laugh.

"I don't know about you guys," Kayla said, "But I'm gonna hit the snack bar."

"I need to take some photos for my blog," Hailee announced while pulling out her tablet from her large purse, "Okay, Elena and Terrence, Julie and Scott, I want you guys together so I can take a couples' photo."

"Oh uh-" they all awkwardly said.

"You know that neither of us is a couple, right?" Terrence mentioned.

"Yeah, I don't care," she smirked while holding up her tablet, "Smile!"

The 'couples' went ahead and posed for the camera as Hailee snapped a few shots.

"Thanks!" Hailee smiled just as the music changed to a new song.

"Oo!" Macy remarked, "I love this song! Who's gonna join me on the dancefloor?!"