Ch.23 Suggestion of fun

Olivia wasn't the only one who decided to skip school today. After what happened on the field, Aidan too drove back to his house, not wanting anyone to see that his heart aching with guilt. But he still needed to talk to Ilene, so after sending her a text to meet him after school, he waited until school was finished as he drove up to Ilene's house where she waited for him outside.

"Hey," she said as he approached her, "What's going on? Why did you walk out of school today?"

"Because we've got a problem," he declared, "Olivia found out about us."

"What?!" Ilene gasped, "How?"

"She showed me a video of us behind the bleachers yesterday, she knows everything."

"Wait, she recorded a video of us?"

"I didn't think it was her cause she showed me the video on a different phone, I don't know who it belongs to though. But whoever that person was, he or she saw us and decided to tell Olivia."

"Oh man," Ilene anxiously breathed out "This is bad."

"Tell me about," he agreed "She just dumped me today in front of my football team and walked away crying."

"Was that why you skipped out of school today?"

"Yeah," he sighed, "I felt so guilty that I didn't want to be around anyone."

"Oh damn," Ilene gasped, "What have we done? I never wanted to hurt Olivia, what were we thinking?!"

"We weren't," he grumbled, "That's what makes us terrible people."

Ilene let out a groan while rubbing the space between her eyes.

"Aidan," she murmured, "We need to stop seeing each other."

"What?" Aidan gave a small gasped.

"This was a big mistake. Look, I really liked spending time with you, but now I kinda regret it cause you were with Olivia when you were also with me. What we did was wrong and I think it's for the best that we stop seeing each other."

"You- you really think so?"

"I do. I'm sorry Aidan, but cheating on someone means that you're not happy with your relationship. If you wanted to be with me, you should have told Olivia and let her down gently. But since you didn't and I was foolish to accept it without caring, I feel so bad for Olivia, and I really do regret having this secret relationship with you."

A side of Aidan wished that he didn't have to stop seeing Ilene, but she was right. What they did was wrong and they ended up hurting Olivia. They had to do the right thing and end what they have.

_________

As for Olivia, thanks to Elena's comfort, she was already feeling a bit better as the girls ate ice cream on the couch.

"Mm," Elena mumbled with a smile, "Ice cream, the best way to get over a breakup."

"What did you do after your boyfriend broke up with you?" Olivia asked.

"Well, I was going to do the same thing we're doing right now, but that's when Brooke showed up at my apartment."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. And you know what's weird. Before she showed up, I made a wish on my birthday candle that I wouldn't be so lonely anymore. And right as I blew out the candle, that's when I heard a knock at the door."

"Whoa," Olivia remarked, "Looks like your wish came true."

"Yeah," Elena laughed, "And now here I am."

They took another bite of their ice cream when Olivia spoke.

"Hey," she said, "Were you really that lonely in New York?"

"Well," Elena sighed, "Besides my boyfriend, the only other form of company I had was with the apartment owners. They were like my guardians, they looked after me after I lost my parents. They allowed me to stay in the apartment on my own, but if I ever need anything, they were always there for me."

"Well that's nice," Olivia smiled.

"Yeah."

Ding!

Both of them got the notification on their phones at the same time as they took out their phones to see a message sent on their school email.

"What's this?" Olivia wondered as they opened up the message.

And what they saw made them nearly drop their bowls on ice cream. Someone had posted the video of Aidan and Ilene and sent it to everyone! And below the video was a short message that read: Looks like Aidan Kenneth is not so charming after all.

"What the hell?!" Olivia jumped up from the couch, "Who posted this?!"

"Uh," Elena checked the sender, "Reyna Quinn?"

"What?!"

"Didn't you say that Reyna the one who showed you the video in the first place?"

"Yeah but, why would she send the video the everyone?!"

"If I had to guess," Elena frowned, "I bet she did it just to embarrass Aidan and Ilene. Brooke did say that Reyna was one of the many people I should avoid because she's obviously not one of the nicest people in the world, followed by Natalie Parker."

"Oh yeah," Olivia agreed with a scowl, "Those two can be serious bitches. In fact, I bet Reyna did this to get back at Aidan because for as long as I can remember, she's been crushing on him for a while, even when he clearly doesn't return the feeling. I know that she's always been jealous of me and Aidan. Well, guess what Reyna, he's single now, so if you still want him, he's all yours."

Elena rolled her eyes before setting her phone down.

"You know what I think?" she put in, "I think you need something special to completely get over Aidan."

Olivia raised an eyebrow, "What do you suggest?"

"How about a girls' night out?" Elena offered with a smile.

"A girls' night out?" Olivia's face lit up.

"Yeah. How does this sound? This Friday after school, we go out with our friend and have a night of fun, and then maybe we can come back here for a sleepover?"

"Oo," Olivia remarked with interest, "That does sound fun."

"So are you in?"

"Yeah!" she smiled, "But first we have to see if our friends will be available."

"Of course. Oh, and another thing, if we're gonna have a sleepover here, I'm gonna need to move my stuff in first."

"Right," Olivia pointed with a wink, "To the Dream Inn motel!"

"Uh, you should probably get dress first," Elena suggested, pointing to Olivia's t-shirt and sweat pants.

"Oh, right."