Ch.12 A fairy's help

(Flashback)

As soon as Raven had finished speaking to Madam Yaga, Raven made her way to the Bookball Field where she saw Faybelle practicing her cheerleading with her Cheer squad. As much as she didn't want to talk to Faybelle, Raven still had to warn her about what she had learned. So after taking a deep breath and gathering her confidence, Raven made her way to the cheer squad who immediately stopped practicing when they saw Raven approaching them.

"Well," Faybelle sneered with her hands on her hips, "Raven Queen, do what do I owe the pleasure?"

Raven frowned by Faybelle's sarcastic comment but shoved it to the side.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" she asked, still keeping her frown on.

"What?" Faybelle mockingly responded with her hand on her chest, "You want to talk to me? Let me guess, it's about your mother, isn't it? And you want my help to take her down? Well here's my answer, she's not my problem, she's your problem."

"Faybelle!"

Raven didn't expect herself to yell, but this was a serious matter and she wasn't going to deal with Faybelle's sass. She was actually quite surprised when Faybelle's eyes widened after hearing her shout her name.

"Look," Raven sternly spoke, "This is a serious matter and I need to talk to you, alone."

At that point, Faybelle let out a sigh before turning to her cheer squad.

"You heard her," she muttered while motioning them to leave.

The Cheer Fairies didn't take their concerned eyes off of Raven as they left them alone.

"So," Faybelle spoke once they were alone, "What's so important that you needed to talk to me alone about? It is about your mother, isn't it?"

"Yes," Raven admitted.

"So what is she up to this time?" the fairy asked with a smirk, "Another game involving dragons?"

"Actually, I have a feeling that what she's planning is far worse, which is why I have to warn you."

"Warn me? About what?"

"I have a really bad feeling that my mother could be planning on casting a very dangerous curse on the school."

"A curse?" Faybelle responded surprised, "What kind of curse?"

"Not a sleeping curse, that's for sure. But remember what my mother said earlier in the Charmitorium about wanting to give us the gift of an unhappy ending?"

"You think that's the curse she's planning on casting?"

"Exactly. But here's the thing, my dad found the spellbook that contained the curse and he hid it somewhere so hopefully my mother can't find it. However, this curse requires ingredients and I'm pretty sure that one of them is Dark Fairy dust."

"Oh... so that's what you want to warn me about."

"I don't know if my mother already has Dark Fairy dust, but if she doesn't, she's gonna be looking for it either from you or from your mother. So if she asks you for Dark Fairy dust do not, I repeat, do not give her some. Let your mother know that too."

"Hm," Faybelle began to tap her chin.

"What?" Raven demanded.

"Just out of curiosity, what kind of curse is your mother planning on casting?"

"All I can tell you is that the curse will take us to a place with no magic."

"No magic?!"

"That's right," Raven frowned, "A land with no magic. That means if the curse happens, you won't have magic and you won't have your wings."

Now that scared Faybelle that it shook her wings.

"So you can see why this is a serious matter."

"Yeah," the fairy agreed with fright.

"You better not help my mother in any way."

'Well," Faybelle breathed out, "As cool as I still think she is, I won't help her, just to protect my magic and wings."

"Good. And don't forget to tell your mother that too."

Raven was about to walk away when Faybelle kept on talking.

"Have you told everyone about this?" she asked.

"Not yet," Raven responded, "I'm hoping that I won't have to as long as the book stays hidden."

"But what if your mom does find the book? How will you know before it's too late?"

"Hopefully, my dad will let me know. But until then, I don't want to scare anyone as much as my mother has scared them earlier."

"But what if the curse does happen? Is there a way to break it?"

Raven let out a deep sigh, "I don't know, that's what I'm trying to find out."

"And let me guess," Faybelle crossed her arms, "You've gotten nowhere?"

"I've barely even started. I'm gonna go through the many books on the history of evil spells in hopes that I can find something."

"You can do that, or you can do what I would do."

"What?"

Faybelle suddenly smirked, "Before your mother was cast into the Mirror Realm, who did she go to in need of answers?"

"Huh?" Raven confusedly responded, "Is this supposed to be a trick question?"

"Just answer it," the fairy frowned, "Who did your mother go to during her story whenever she needed an answer?"

Raven only thought for a few seconds until she suddenly realized who Faybelle meant as her eyes widen.

"Her Magic Mirror," she gasped.

"Exactly," Faybelle kept on smirking, "It's empty now. Well, except for the actually Mirror spirit himself, at least I think he's a spirit. I never knew much about the being inside the Magic Mirror, do you know?"

"Not really," Raven shook her head.

"Well, anyway. Now that the Mirror Realm is empty, you should try to talk to the Magic Mirror, maybe he knows something about the curse."

"But, someone shattered my mom's mirror, remember?"

"So? You can fix it, right?

"I- I guess," Raven nervously shrugged.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go fix your mother's mirror and hopefully, that should awaken the Mirror Spirit or whoever it is behind the mirror. Wow, I really need to do more research on the Magic Mirror."

"Do you think it'll work?"

"Why are you asking me that? You should already know if it's going to work or not."

"Hm," Raven began to think, could that actually work?

Could speaking to her mother's Magic Mirror give her the answers she needs?

"Alright," she soon declared, "I'll give it a try."

"Let me know if it works because I seriously need to know more about that Magic Mirror."

"Sure thing. Thanks, Faybelle."

"Don't mention it," the fairy responded with a small smile, "Like really, don't mention that I helped you, I've got a reputation to keep up."

"Yeah," Raven smirked, "Okay."