Ch.42 A Familiar Apple

After leaving the cemetery, Evelyn made her way back to her house which doubled as her office where she stepped inside to find her assistant waiting for her.

"So was it her?" Robert asked her.

"Of course it was her," she responded, "I recognize my daughter anywhere."

"So what do we do?"

"We do what we must, we make sure she never breaks this curse."

"And how do we do that?"

An evil smirk formed across her face, "Follow me, Robert."

Evelyn, also known as the Evil Queen began to make her way to a door with her assistant following. Because she was the one who cast the curse, she didn't lose her memories and her magic which she used on the door. And when she opened it, she stepped into her lair as Robert closed the door.

"If I'm going to prevent Raven from breaking this curse," she said, "Then it looks like I'm going to have to take extreme measures."

"What do you mean by that?" Robert questioned, "You're not going to hurt her, are you?"

"Of course not! I would never hurt my own daughter! No, what I'm about to do won't exactly cause her any harm. But before I could do that, I need to get to work. Hand me my spellbook."

As soon as her assistant handed her the spellbook, she got to work as she started to add things into her cauldron. Robert stepped back to give her room, wondering what his mistress was making. It took a few minutes, but she was finally finished as she turned off the heat to her cauldron.

"Now," the Evil Queen grinned, "Time to see the finished result."

Using a tong, she reached into the purple fluid in the cauldron and took out a plump apple as red as blood.

"Perfect."

"Wait," Robert's eyes widen, "Is that the same poison apple that you gave to Snow White?"

"Not the same apple, Dofus. But it is the same recipe."

"You're going to give your daughter a poisoned apple?!"

"Relax, Robert! As I said before, I'm not going to hurt her, let alone kill my own daughter. This apple is just going to put her to sleep, and when she's asleep, all I have to do is relocate her and take away her memories of Storybrooke. That way, she won't come here and pose a threat."

"But, how is she going to wake up? The only way to wake someone from a poisoned apple is with a true love's kiss."

"I know that, which is why I will be the one who will wake her up. She may be a threat to my curse, but I still love her."

"Okay...? But how exactly are you going to make her eat that apple?"

The Queen smirked, "I already got that figured out."

________

Now back home with Olivia, Elena lied down on the couch, her head filled with questions that needed to be answered.

"Elena?" Olivia soon appeared from her room, "You okay?"

"Oh," Elena responded while sitting up, "I'm fine."

"Well, you seemed to be in a deep thought mode."

"Yeah," she sighed, "I kinda was."

"What's going on?" Olivia asked while sitting next to her.

"Well," Elena breathed out, "After I helped Brooke, we ran into the mayor."

Olivia gasped, "You met Mayor Evelyn?!"

"Yeah. And you guys were right, she's creepy as hell."

"What happened? What did she say to you?"

"She just welcomed me to Strorybrooke."

"Well, don't let that 'friendliness' fool you. Evelyn is always like that. She starts off nice, but then she turns sour."

"I believe that," Elena mumbled.

"Then, why are you looking so down?"

Elena let out a sigh before turning to her friend.

"Olivia," she began, "You've seen Mayor Evelyn more than me, so I need to hear from you... do you think she looks like me?"

"Looks like you?" Olivia replied, "Um... maybe a little. But why are you asking me that?"

"Because," Elena nervously mumbled, "Brooke says that she's my mother."

"Your mother?!" Olivia gasped, "But, how is that possible? You told me that your mother and father died in a car accident years ago."

"I know, but ever since I met Evelyn, I've been getting this feeling that I've met her before. Not only does she fill me with fear for some reason, but she looks so familiar to me."

Olivia tried to speak when her phone suddenly got a notification.

"You know what?" she said, "Why don't we have this talk later? I have to go meet up with Macy. And maybe you should go see Terrence."

"You think?"

"Yeah," she nodded with a small smile, "Perhaps you need something to clear your mind of all this. And if you still want to talk about this, then we will later. How does that sound?"

"Well," Elena breathed, "I did say that I would let Terrence know if I was available."

"And you are. Go on, go hang out with him."

"Alright," Elena smiled while getting up and gathering her things.

"Have fun!"

"Thanks!"

_________

Now with her new poisoned apple, the Evil Queen made her way into her kitchen where she began to do some baking. After peeling the apple, she chopped it into pieces before pouring a brown sugar sauce onto them. And after making the dough, she formed a miniature pie which she then placed into the oven to bake. And by the time it was done, she placed the pie into a container as she began to write a note on a piece of paper.

"Do you believe that this will work?" Robert asked her.

"It's got to work," she declared while attaching the note to the container, "I know that Raven's friends have told her about me and what I'm capable of, so it's most likely that she won't accept this from me. So that means I have to give this to her in a different way."

Grabbing her car keys and her purse, the Evil Queen got into her car and drove off towards Elena and Olivia's house where she parked her car away from the house. After watching the girls leave, she waited a couple of minutes before driving up to the house and getting out with the apple pie. And after making sure that no one was around to watch, she placed the dessert on the front porch and got back into her car. Now all she had to do was wait for the apple to do its job.