Ch.39 Heartfelt Bonding

Later that evening, Amanda and Ilene went to the Storybrooke hospital where they went to the room Reyna was in. With the door opened, they peeked into the see Reyna asleep on the bed with her wrists bandaged. But seeing her heartbeat on the monitor gave them the relief that she was still alive.

"How is she?" Ilene asked a doctor who was approaching them.

"She's going to alright," he informed as they let out deep sighs of relief, "But right now she needs to rest. And um, just to be clear, you girls were the ones who found her?"

"Yes," they nodded.

"Well, she found her first, actually," Amanda pointed to Ilene.

"Well thanks to you girls, Reyna was able to make it on time. If you hadn't found her, something bad could've happened to her."

"Wow," Ilene gasped, her heart beating for a moment in fear of what could've happened if she and Amanda didn't decide to go to her house.

"Um," Ilene soon mumbled while motioning towards Reyna, "Can I be with her for a moment?"

"Go ahead," the doctor allowed as Ilene turned to Amanda.

"I'll wait for you in the car," Amanda said before walking off.

After taking a deep breath, Ilene entered the room where Reyna was still laying on the hospital bed, fast asleep. Even though she was thankfully still alive, the way she looks motionless just gives off the vibe that she really is dead. Already reminding Ilene about how she found Reyna, lying there on the floor of her bedroom, motionless with blood on her wrist from self-harm. Reyna may have been a mean girl and was the cause of Ilene's humiliation this morning, but she didn't deserve this. And it killed Ilene to see Reyna like this as she went ahead and took a seat on the chair next to the bed.

"Hey Reyna," she began in a mumble, "It's me, Ilene. I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I just wanted to say that, well, I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I just wanted to get back at you for what you did to me this morning. But I went too far, and now you're in the hospital because of me. This is all my fault, and I feel terrible, I really do. Also, I uh- I found out about your depression and that you take pills for it. The same pills that you used to try to end your life just now."

Ilene suddenly felt her eyes watering again.

"I don't know what's wrong with me," she sniffed as she felt herself starting to cry again, "I can't believe that I had to guts to pull something off like that just to get revenge on you. But that was a bad idea. And what you did to me this morning, as pissed off as I was, you were right about me. I really am screwed up. I do things without thinking of the consequences, like those selfies I took. But I'm going to try to change myself, to be a better person. But I just want to let you know that you're not alone. I know your pain, I feel it every day. And even though you may feel like this, you still have people who care about you. I mean, Bridget and Kendell and the others tried to call you after you fled from school. And when you never answered, they were worried about you. And my friends are worried about me too. I hope you can forgive me, Reyna. Because as much as this is hard for me to say this, I forgive you too. But if you decide not to forgive me, then I promise I'll stay out of your life. And once again, I'm sorry."

As she allowed her tears to pour out, she didn't notice Reyna opening her eyes as she slowly turned her head towards Ilene.

"I forgive you," she mumbled as Ilene snapped her head up with a gasp.

"Reyna!" Ilene gasped while wiping her tears away, "I uh- I uh-"

"You didn't know that I could hear everything?" she smirked.

"Exactly."

"Well," Reyna breathed out, "I thought that I would still be unconscious since they brought me in here. But I guess it warded off."

"Oh. So you uh- you heard everything, huh?"

"I did," Reyna mumbled, "I'm so sorry, Ilene. I never realized that your life was just as painful as mine, and I thought I had the worse life."

"How could you think you're life is worse than mine? At least people don't call you a slut and a whore, right?"

"They don't. But I've been suffering from major depression for as long as I can remember."

"Why do you suffer from major depression?"

"I don't know," Reyna sniffed, already feeling tears forming in her eyes, "It just comes and goes. I get depressed about a lot of things, I've even had thoughts of ending my life. This was the first time I've ever actually attempted to take my own life."

The sound of that broke Ilene's heart as she felt a tear flow down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Ilene," Reyna burst into tears, "I'm so sorry for humiliating you this morning! I guess I was just so jealous that I wasn't thinking!"

"Jealous of what?"

"Of you and Aidan," she sniffed as tears continued to flow, "I used to have a crush on Aidan, and when I heard that you had a secret relationship with him, I just flipped, I got jealous. Cause I wanted him to myself, and I've always hated Olivia too."

"So all of this happened because you were jealous of me and Aidan?"

"Yeah," Reyna sighed, "And when I found out that you actually slept with him, that's when I lost it."

Ilene sighed as well, "I know, I really am a whore."

"No, you're not. Just because you slept with one guy doesn't make you a whore."

"But still," Ilene muttered while wrapped her arms around herself, "I'm only 16 and I already slept with a guy while he was already in a relationship! Not to mention that I used to have an addiction to taking slutty pictures of myself!"

She wiped away her upcoming tears, "I really need to redeem myself."

"So do I," Reyna agreed as she felt more tears forming, "Why did you save me?"

"Huh?"

"I thought you hated me," she sniffed, "So why did you save me?"

"Well uh," Ilene mumbled while rubbing her arms, "Even though we've never gotten along and despite what you did to me this morning, I couldn't let you die. You don't deserve that. I may not be the best person, but at least I have a heart. I do care for others."

Reyna felt her tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Thank you," she wept, "If you wouldn't have found me, I most likely would have died. You saved my life when I tried to end it, but now I'm glad that you saved me. Thank you."

At that moment, both girls burst into tears as they went into a heartwarming hug while sobbing into each other's shoulders. With everything that's been going on, the drama was finally over. And out of it came the start of a new friendship.