Ch.26 Magic Outburst

During the school day, everyone wondered when it was Ilene's turn to apologize to Olivia or if she was even going to do so. Their question was answered during lunch when Ilene went ahead and apologized to Olivia at her usual lunch table. Even though the cafeteria was known for being a loud place, the voices dropped when everyone saw Ilene with Olivia. And it was because of their quietness that Olivia was able to hear the apology. But just like with Aidan, all Olivia said was that even though she'll consider forgiving Ilene, she was at least thankful to hear her apology.

And by the time school was over, Olivia had decided to go ahead with the girls' night-out plan. But before the girls could split up and leave, Elena spotted Brooke sitting at a picnic table under a tree without any leaves due to the weather. Brooke was writing something down in a notebook as Elena excused herself from her friends before heading over to Brooke.

"Hey, Brooke."

"Oh," Brooke closed her notebook, "Hi Elena, how are you?"

"I'm good."

"How's life in Storybrooke so far?"

"Pretty good, actually," Elena smiled, "All my stuff is moved into the spare room of Olivia's house."

"I'm glad that you were able to find a place to stay, especially with Olivia. You know, back at Ever After High, you two were roommates."

"We were?"

"Yep," Brooke nodded, "You may not believe me, but it was true."

"Hm," Elena tilted her head, "So what are you writing?"

"Oh, just some notes. I'm trying to look for a certain object that you might have."

"What object?"

"It's a little bronze key with a black feather at the top. I don't know if you have something like that, but if you do or if you find it somewhere, can you please let me?"

"What's so special about that key?"

"It's supposed to unlock something important. Just if you find it, can you please let me know?"

"Um, okay."

"Thanks," Brooke said when she spotted something behind Elena.

Turning around, Elena saw that Terrence was talking to her friends when they noticed her looking at them. As always, Elena and Terrence couldn't but smile shyly at each other.

"I think someone wants to talk to you," Brooke smirked.

Elena let out a small giggle before heading back to her friends.

"Elena," he smiled.

"Terrence," she smiled back, only for it to fade when she thought about his brother, "Um, how's your brother?"

"Well," he sighed, "As of right now, not good."

"Of course," she mumbled.

"All he needs is time to gather himself up," Lauren reassured, "Same with Ilene. After all, time is the best medicine."

"Not all the time," Kayla muttered under her breath.

"So," Olivia spoke, "Terrence, wasn't there something you wanted to ask Elena?"

"Oh," he awkwardly said, "I uh-"

"We'll leave you guys alone," Macy smirked before the girls left the two of them alone.

"So," Elena said, "What was it you wanted to ask me?"

"Well um," he mumbled before clearing his throat, "I was just wondering if you would like to stay after school to help me with my guitar, that is if you're not busy."