Ch.30 Upcoming Crash

Elena didn't know what was happening. One minute, she remembers being in the living room with her friends during a sleepover, the next minute, she opens her eyes to find herself at the edge of a cliff in front of a forest on a cloudy and windy day. She thought she was alone, that is until she spotted someone in front of her. A tall, hooded figure suddenly appeared as the figure, a woman Elena soon finds out judging by the hand who grips onto a red apple held out towards her.

"Eat, my dear," the woman's voice spoke through the wind, "Eat."

Elena's heart began to pound in fear as she watched as the apple suddenly turned black and rotted away in the woman's hand.

"Who are you?!" she demanded.

The woman didn't say anything for a moment until she took off her cloak to reveal the Evil Queen. During this moment, Elena had no idea who this woman was, but the very sight of her made her jump back, almost losing her balance near the edge of the cliff.

"I'm your mother," the Evil Queen sneered.

"What?!" Elena screamed out as the Evil Queen let out her infamous evil laugh as the ground began to shake.

Elena tried to run away from the cliff, but it was too late as she felt the ground beneath her fall apart as she began to plummet down into the unknown.

...

Elena sprang up with a loud gasp as she clutched her chest. Despite it being only a dream, Elena couldn't stop breathing heavily. That dream felt so real and... familiar. She looked around to see that her friends were still sleeping even though it was past noon. The sleepover last night was a total success, but Elena didn't expect to have such a short but scary dream that night. Why did that woman in her dream say that she was her mother? And that's when she remembered what Brooke had told her that the town of Storybrooke was created when the Evil Queen put a curse on Ever After High, the Evil Queen also being her true mother. But was it really true?

"Mm," Elena's thoughts were soon cut in when she heard Olivia mumble before she sat up in her sleeping bag.

"Good morning," Elena greeted quietly, "Or I guess I should say good afternoon because it is past noon."

"Well, good afternoon to you too," Olivia mumbled with a sleepy smile, "Did you sleep well?"

"Well," Elena breathed out, "Besides the crazy dream I had, I slept pretty well."

"That's good to know."

Olivia then got out of her sleeping bag to stretch out her body.

"Did you have a good time last night?" Elena asked.

"I sure did," Olivia smiled, "Thank you for this idea, Elena, I really needed it."

"You're very welcome," Elena smiled back.

"Well," Olivia rubbed her hands together, "Time to make my famous apple cinnamon pancakes."

"Apple cinnamon pancakes? Wow, you really are crazy for apples."

"I guess I am," Olivia laughed before heading into the kitchen.

At that moment, the other girls began to wake up as they all sat up in their sleeping bags.

"Well," Lauren was the first to speak, "Is anyone else's stomach hurting from all the junk we had last night?"

"A bit," Kayla raised her hand, "But I heard that Olivia is gonna make her famous apple cinnamon pancakes so I don't care if my stomach hurts right now, I am going to eat those pancakes."