Ch.18 Busted

(Flashback)

With everything going on, it was no wonder that Raven was completely stressed out. Only an hour has passed since she found the hand mirror, but it felt like more as she turned the pages of the books about the history of evil spells. And so far, she's found nothing about the Dark Curse. Not that she was surprised since the mirror told her it was a curse that's been kept a secret from the world. But still, it would've been nice to find at least something that could help with the curse.

Knock knock knock

"Raven!" she soon heard Maddie entering the dorm, "I'm coming in!"

"Hey Maddie," Raven muttered while setting the book she was reading to the side.

"Whoa," Maddie's eyes widen by the sight of many books on Raven's bed, "I haven't seen this many books on your bed since the last final. What's going on?"

"So many things," Raven grumbled.

Maddie then noticed an unfamiliar book next to Raven. Curious, she flipped it open to the bookmarked page to find a now-familiar spell.

"Hey," she said, "Isn't this the spell Milton and Giles Grimm used to put your mother into the Mirror Realm?"

"Yep. They're allowing me to use it, well, once I find my mother of course. Not to mention that I have to find a way to prevent a curse from happening. But if it does happen, I need to find a way to break it?"

"What curse?"

"Oh, right, you don't know."

"Well, I don't know a lot of things, but I do know that curses are usually never a good thing. Unless you're having trouble falling asleep and you need to be put into a sleeping curse to catch all those Zs."

"This isn't a sleeping curse, this is a curse that's never been cast before because it's been kept a secret from the world for years. And now I fear that my mother wants to cast it."

"Oo," Maddie cringed, "Looks like it's not a secret anymore. So... what have you got so far?"

"Just this," Raven held up the hand mirror, "I found it in the Vault, I was told that this mirror should help if the curse does happen. But I don't know how, I don't even think it's magic."

"Hello?" Maddie called out to the mirror, "Is there anyone there?"

"Apple already tried, Maddie, nothing happens if you speak to it."

"Well, it must do something if you were told it can help in some way."

"I know. But I don't know anything about it. And I barely know anything about this curse which is why I've been trying to find some answers in these books, but I haven't found anything and it's driving me, well, mad!"

"Hey," Maddie smirked, "Nobody is mad unless they're from Wonderland, such as myself. And you know what you need, a break! And a tea party!"

And just like that, Maddie took out a table filled with tea items right out of her hat and placed it in front of them.

"What better way to have a break than with tea!" she laughed.

"Thanks, Maddie," Raven forced a smile on her face, "At least you know how to handle a situation like this without getting stressed. Hey, any chance you can ask the 'Narrators' if they know what I should do?"

"I would, except they can't tell me things like that. To them, that would spoil the story. Isn't that right, Narrators?"

You are correct, Madeline. Sadly, we cannot help.