044. Hospital and Regret

~Ash's POV~

I hate hospitals. Fucking hate it. I don't know what all happened at the girls little sleepover but I know the things that were said to Gracie. Gwen told me on the phone after she told me that my baby was on an ambulance, on the way to a hospital.

Her parents and Callie were in the back with her. Only kin were allowed. Callie trusted me to watch Chloe. It was late so she was in her pajamas, sitting on my lap, laying on my chest, soundly asleep.

Noah, Chase, AJ and I rushed to get here once Gwen called all of us. I just wanna know if she's okay tonight. I texted Callie, asking for the 3rd time. She replied with a yes.

"She's fine." I say. "Callie said." I say.

"Thank Jesus." AJ says. "I didn't know her asthma was that bad. I honestly didn't."

"Due to air quality, people with asthma as severe as hers will get difficult. Since it's summer and there's more pollution going up, the air quality isn't that great." Gwen says.

"Thank you for that, Gwen." Serena says. "CiCi is in a hospital bed and you're stating unnecessary facts."

"They're actually pretty important that we know this stiff." Gwen tells her sassily. "Also, you were the one who framed her of faking her asthma so don't have an attitude with me." Gwen says.

"You guys, don't." AJ says.

"Well maybe, they need to be said." I mumble.

"Ash, it's fine dude. Chill." AJ says.

"It isn't fucking okay!" I raise my voice. "My girlfriend is in the hospital on a breathing machine and this one," I point at Serena, "is sitting here like she hasn't said shit."

"I know what I've said and I regret it!" She yells. "Damn, Ashton, let it go."

"You brought the past up. Me bullying her and everything." I say. "Do you know how much guilt and regret I still carry because of that. And you just had to remind her of that."

She starts crying. I roll my eyes. Fucking fake crocodile tears. I'm not falling for it. Chloe stirs on my chest and opens her pretty brown eyes and looks up at me.

"Uncle Ash, stop yelling please?" She yawns.

I kiss her forehead. "I'm sorry, Coco." I say.

"Is Auntie Gigi okay?" She asks.

"Yes, she's gonna be fine, I promise." I reassure her.

She nods and closes her eyes again, laying on my chest. I'm letting this Serena shit go for now. I don't appreciate the way she blasted on my girlfriend and saying the things she said. I don't even know if Gracie would forgive her for this.

Callie and her parents walks in the waiting room. I stay where I am but I'm still worried as hell. She looks at me. "She wants to see you, Ashton." She tells me. I nod.

I stand and hand her to Callie and she sits where I was sitting. I walk and try to find her room. I peep in every room until I see her. I walk in and I see a nurse handing her a cup of water.

"Hi, Ash." She smiles once she sees me. Her smile just made me feel better. "Come sit." She says.

I sit on the chair next to her bed. I grab her hand and kisses her knuckles. "Hey, baby." I say.

"What's wrong?" She asks. "I can sense you're mad." She points out.

I shake my head. "Nothing, baby." I tell her.

"Ashton," she coughs and that breaks my heart, "don't lie to me." She says sternly.

"I'm just angry with Serena, that's all." I tell her. "She shouldn't have said what she said to you and she's sitting out there, crying as if she hadn't said what she said, it was fucked up."

"It was." She says. "But I'm not too mad at her for it. I just wish she didn't explode the way she did. She's here?" She asks.

"Yeah, she's here." I tell her. "All of our friends are here." I rub her knuckles and played with the bracelet I had gave her a while back.

"I wanna see them." She says. She yawns.

"Babe, it's late and you're tired." I say.

She frowns. "Please just for a few." She says. I sigh and finally gave in and nodded. "Chloe too."

I nod and walk out to the waiting room. I don't see Gracia's parents but Chloe is playing with AJ. She seemed like she doesn't plan on going back to sleep. "Where's her parents?" I ask.

"They left for the night." AJ says. "They said they trust you to stay with her, if you plan on it." I nod.

"She wants to see all of you guys." I tell them. They all stand and Chloe runs to me to hold onto my hand.

I led them to Gracie's room and she was watching a cartoon on the tv rested up against the wall. She smiles and turns down the volume. "Hi." She says.

"Auntie Gigi!" Chloe runs up to her and jumps on her bed and hugs her chest.

"Hi." Gracie hugs her chuckling.

"How are you feeling, CiCi?" Noah asks.

"I feel good." She says. "Thank you guys for coming. All of you." She says. I'm guessing she says that to let Serena know that she was also happy that she was here.

"We're your friends. Of course we'll be here." AJ says. I almost say something but for the sake of CiCi, I didn't.

"Well, I'm glad." She says. She yawns again.

"Babe, you really need your rest." I tell her.

She shakes her head and smiles. "Not at this moment, Ash. Just a few." She says.

"When do you get out?" Serena asks. She looks miserable. She should.

CiCi hesitates while answering. "I um, I get out tonight. They're getting some nebulizer tubing ready for me." She replies.

Serena just nods. "I'll be outside." She says lowly. She walks out and gently closed the door.

We all watched as she stood in the hallway. "Is Rena okay?" Chloe asks.

"Rena and I got into an argument but we'll be fine, I'm sure." She tells her.

"Can I give her a hug?" Chloe asks. CiCi nods and lets go of Chloe. Chloe walks in the hallway and I see her shadow hugging Rena's legs. AJ went out as well.

"I'll be out. Gwen, you riding with me and Noah?" Chase asks

"No, I drove me and Rena here and I bet she's riding with AJ." Gwen replies.

He nods and they all walk out. It was soon me and her. She pats the little space next to her for me. I smile and lay in that space. She places her head on my shoulder.

"Can I stay with your tonight?" She asks.

"You have to ask your parents." I tell her. She nods and sighs. Chloe walks back in with a smile.

"I made Rena feel better. AJ said they'll see you tomorrow." She says.

She climbs on the bed and sat on my legs, watching the cartoon that Gracie seemed to be no longer interested in. A female nurse comes in and I sit up. "Hello, Ms. Gracia. Is this the boyfriend you were talking about?" The nurse points to me.

Gracie looks at me and smiles. "Yeah." She nods her head.

The nurse hands her a bag. "This has your new machine and tubing. You need to be doing this for four hours everyday for at least two weeks." The nurse tells her.

"Ok. Thank you." She says.

"Your parents have already signed what we needed them to sign so you guys are free to go." The nurse says.

I stand up and I grab CiCi's duffle bag from the floor since she's carrying the other bag. I grab Chloe's hand and we all walk out. Hopefully, this doesn't end up happening again.

~~
A/N: Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Are you or do you know anybody who's asthmatic? I am. Stay tuned for the next chapter! Comment your thoughts and vote! Thanks for reading!