028. Meeting the Parents

~Gracia's POV~

Ashton was driving me home. I had a smile on my face the whole time because my parents were now home from Australia. Even though they would be leaving again in three weeks.

We were in my driveway and I see my parents car. I turn and Ash is looking at me. I smile at him. He smiles back.

"Don't you wanna come in?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "Not today, baby." He tells me and kisses my cheek.

"Come on. It'll be fine." I persuade him.

He sighs. "Ok, come on." He says and I squeal in excitement.

We walk to our door and I knock softly. Callie opens the door. I grab Ash's hand in mine and we walk in. My moms smile greets me.

"Mom! Dad!" I say as they hug me.

"My beautiful girl." My mom says and pulls away. Her cold hands touches my cheek. "We missed you dearly."

"I missed you and dad too." I said.

"Are you still gonna do volleyball this year?" Dad asks. "You could win a scholarship."

"Dad, it's a spring sport but yeah, I'll try out." I told him. "Serena and I are gonna do it together though."

"Who?" Mom asks.

"Oh, I made new friends. And I have a boyfriend." I say.

"Is the boy who's standing looking lost? He your boyfriend?" Dad asks.

"Ashton, come here." I tell him. Ash looks nervous as he walks to me and I grab his hand.

"Mom, Dad, this is Ashton. My boyfriend." I introduce. "Ashton, these are my parents. Laura O'Connor and Michael O'Connor."

"That's Mr and Mrs. O'Connor to you." My dad says sternly.

"Dad, don't. Ash is a nice guy." Callie says.

"Mm." My dad says.

"Well, it's wonderful to meet you, Ashton. You seem like a nice boy and I'm glad you make my daughter happy." Mom says.

One thing about my dad is that he's very judgmental. He also worries about the people I associate myself around with. I don't know why he's so cold with Ashton.

"Gracia, why do you smell like cigarettes?" Dad asks, interrupting my mom who's talking to Ashton.

"I don't." I say, a little irritated.

"Are these 'friends' of yours the reason you're getting an attitude?" He folds his arms around his chest.

"No. I just don't smell like cigarettes." I told him.

"How are your grades?" Dad asks.

"They're fine." I tell him.

"Hmm." He says.

"Dad, Gracie's keeping her grades up like she always does. And her friends are nice people." Callie says.

"That doesn't explain why my daughter smells like cigarettes." Dad says. "Do you smoke, boy?" Dad asks him.

"Um... sometimes but my brother does. That's probably why." Ashton says. His hands are sweaty.

"Callie, I thought you said Gracia was at breakfast." Dad then says to Callie.

"I was. I had to get something from Ash's house that I left." I said.

Callie and I had learned to lie and add to the story. Like when Callie once snuck out and Mom had caught her. We made a story about how she had went to her friends house to study.