-Chapter 77-

I listened with a smile as Cleo rambled on about Caspian and Xavier

I listened with a smile as Cleo rambled on about Caspian and Xavier. I wasn't sure if she knew she did it during the car ride over, but I thought it was adorable. There was a tinge of sadness still in me as I thought about my mother's sudden departure, but I was beyond happy to be out of the empty house. It felt good to be around other people.

Cleo helped me get my bags out of her trunk and I thanked her for the ride. As much as I hated driving in these realms, I needed to get my car out of Heaven. I didn't like bumming rides from people. It made me feel especially bad when they didn't at least let me pay for gas. My car may have been shit, but at least it was my shit. I needed to make calls to get it here as soon as possible.

We walked towards the elevator in the colorful parking garage and Cleo took out her keys. "Girl, I missed you so much," she said as the elevator doors opened.

I smiled at her as we walked in and she pressed the button for the top floor like she did last time I was here...on my birthday. Still the night I only seemed to associate with Syn's harsh words inside of the treehouse. I knew he was pissed at me and sure I deserved it, but it still hurt like a bitch.

"I missed you too," I replied. She hummed to the tune playing in the elevator as it went up, and I leaned against the wall. As much sleep as I had apparently gotten in the past few days, it didn't feel like enough. My eyes were begging me to close them.

"Tired?" Cleo asked.

"A little bit." I yawned.

"The guest room is fixed up for you already so when we get in you can take a nap."

"It's alright. I came here to spend time with you guys."

"Girl, we have all weekend. You can take a damn nap," she said.

"Okay," I gave in. "I'll nap."

"Good."

With a ding, the doors opened, and I was greeted with a popping sound followed by a crap ton of confetti in my face. "Queen!" I heard voices cheer. When my eyes slowly fluttered open, I moved the small papers out of my face and looked up at Xavier and Caspian. They both had huge grins on their faces and even if I wanted to, there was no way I could be mad at them.

"Hi." I waved.

Caspian was the first to pull me into a hug and I froze in surprise. He and Cleo were definitely huggers. I didn't even think he and I were close enough for that yet. "I'm glad you're here," he said as I relaxed into the hug.

"Thanks for the invite."

"Always." He smiled down at me as he pulled away.

My eyes traveled to Xavier who I hadn't spoken to since I left and I gave him a nervous smile. "Hey." He was one of the people I had lied to and he told me he wasn't mad, but time had passed. He could've thought it over and changed his mind, especially since I had disappeared on him.