-Chapter 135-

I stood in front of the man who robbed my bank completely alone

I stood in front of the man who robbed my bank completely alone. After finding out who he was I truly never wanted to see him again so this was unfortunate for me. Maybe this was the universe's way of saying "this is what you get".

Although my therapist turned out to be some lunatic, I'm still going to keep her advice. I'm not dating, not kissing, not even sex...no matter how he keeps looking at me. He's different from my past boyfriends, I saw exactly who he was when he first met. A criminal. And I had no business getting myself involved in that when I'm just getting myself together.

"Mia," he said slowly as he walked toward me.

I smiled nervously and stepped backward. We continued this little dance until my back was against the wall and he was looking down at me.

"Why did you stay?" I asked in my most confident voice.

"I was just wondering why you didn't snitch," he said.

I shrugged and moved away from the walls bf away from him. "Umm, it's none of my business. I gotta go," I said quickly. I picked up my purse from the couch and walked out of the room.

I heard him chuckle from behind me and my heart raced. Get it together, Mia. He's not good for you. He remained walking behind me and I groaned as I saw that I would need to take the elevator down and be trapped with him.

I stood in front of the elevator and pushed the button profusely. "Come on," I groaned. I was already over two hours late to work and I didn't want to be around Cain any longer.

From the corner of my eye, I saw him stand beside me. "Fingering the button won't get it to come, Mia."

I scoffed and ignored his innuendo as I tapped my foot impatiently. Why do these things take so long?

"Here, I saw these on the table. Which one is yours?" He put two phones in front of me and I took mine.

"Thanks, the other one is Queen's."

He nodded and slid it into his pocket. The elevator arrived with a ding and as soon as the doors opened I scurried in and walked to a corner of it. With all the space in the elevator, you'd think the man would stand elsewhere but he stood next to me like the thing was crowded.

I felt his arm graze mine and I took a step away. Thankfully the elevator didn't take as long to go down as it did to come and I was back on the first floor. I rushed out of the elevator and out of the building all the while Cain followed after me.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To work," I replied dryly.

I walked through the busy streets with ease and I laughed as I heard Cain bump into a few people from behind me. "Get out of the way dumbass," someone yelled at him.

I expected a man such as Cain to say something in return but when didn't hear his reply I turned around. I jumped when I saw him directly behind me and I held up a finger. "I'm
sure this is stalking."