-Chapter 22-

A knock at the bathroom door made me set my phone down and I walked towards it, opening it to see Xavier holding a bag

A knock at the bathroom door made me set my phone down and I walked towards it, opening it to see Xavier holding a bag. "Syn asked me to give this to you."

I took the bag from his hands and gave him a small smile. "Thank you."

He nodded, moving to leave, but hesitated, tapping his knuckle against the doorframe. "Umm," he started, and I raised a brow. "Be careful with him, please."

"With Syn?" I questioned, put off at his request. From the day we met, he seemed to be the one pushing us together, and now he was warning me?

"Yes. Don't hurt him."

"You're worried about me hurting him?"

"Not that I think you will," he said. "He's just already acting out of character. I've never seen him go out of his way to help anyone as he has with you. Meaning that I have no idea how to handle the repercussions of this if it goes wrong."

"There is nothing going on for me to 'not hurt him', Xavier," I assured him. "I'm not looking for a relationship and he's...him. I can't hurt someone who doesn't care."

"He shopped for you, Queen. I wouldn't say that he doesn't care. He doesn't know that he does, but he cares. I know him," he urged. "All I ask is if you plan on up and leaving one day, then back off now."

I nodded, biting the inside of my cheek and sighing. "You're a good friend, Xavier. But he and I won't be going anywhere...in that way."

He sighed, a slow grin spreading across his lips. "I hope that's not the truth."

I laughed, not knowing what to say to him and he winked at me before turning on his heel and leaving. I closed the door, walked to the counter, and put the bag down. I winced as I pulled out the feminine products, embarrassed that he had to get them at all.

I picked up the bag to move it away when an item inside weighed it down. What? I flipped the bag over, letting the items clatter onto the counter and when I looked at them, I tilted my head in curiosity. I sat them upright on the counter, stepping back and studying them like they were some bomb.

Which they might have been because there was no way in hell Lucifer's son bought me medicine, candy, and ice cream.

I kept a suspicious eye on them as I got dressed, and when nothing peculiar happened, I carried them out of the restroom with me and laid it on my bed for further inspection. It wasn't that I didn't trust Syn...but it was that I didn't trust anyone. Especially not with medication or things I would potentially eat.

Finally deciding on what to do, I picked up the items and opened the room door with my elbow. I headed to the living room where Xavier and James were watching television and gave them a smile. "Hey, have you guys seen Syn?"

"He's in his room," Xavier answered, his eyes still on the TV.

"And where is that?"

"Last one down the hall."