-Chapter 71-

I looked blankly at the movie on the plasma television as I wiped my tears with another tissue

I looked blankly at the movie on the plasma television as I wiped my tears with another tissue. It felt like being able to cry without anyone around. When I first got here, I wanted to do the whole shebang with the wine and bubble bath as mascara streamed down my face, but I started sobbing as soon as my toe hit the water. It reminded me of the bath I took with Syn a while back.

With that painful reminder whenever I so much as glanced at the bathtub, I opted for staying in bed for three days straight and ordering God knows how many boxes of pizza. I lost count of exactly how much I had, but it was enough to make a girl feel a bit pudgier in all the wrong places.

To the rest of the world, I had practically ghosted. My phone was on silent. I spoke to no one. I wasn't mad at anybody and it wasn't fair to do, but I needed to be alone. Completely alone. I promised myself five days of complete solitude and then after that, I'd return to the real world and apologize to everyone for being such an anti-social bitch.

The hotel phone began ringing and I frowned. No one knew I was here. I picked it up and held it to my ear hesitantly. "Hello?"

"Ms. Beverly, sorry to bother you but there is a guest asking for you."

"What's their name?"

"Just a second," the cheery voice said. "Sebastian Kingston."

"Sebastian?"

"Yes, shall I send him up?"

"Umm," I took a quick glance around the messy room and winced. "Sure, go ahead." I hung up the phone and sprung up from the bed. I wasn't presentable. This room wasn't presentable. I couldn't fix everything by the time he got here but I needed to not look like a complete slob.

I threw away the random tissues near me and tossed the boxes of pizza in the bathroom trash- well as much as could fit. I hid the bags of snacks under the bed and sprinted to the bathroom to wash my face. My eyes were puffy from all of my crying and I had huge eye bags from my lack of sleep. I looked horrible, but I didn't have time to do a full face of makeup, nor did I feel like it. I washed my face and wiped it before heading back into the room and pacing.

I hadn't seen him since the auction night- since he saw Syn and I kiss. We hadn't even spoken since then. If everything was normal and I was with Syn, then now would've been a great time to tell Sebastian to stay away, but that was no longer the case. So what did that mean now?

A knock at the door disrupted my rampant thought and I opened it, looking eyes with Sebastian. In contrast to me, he looked amazing. His sandy blonde hair was styled back on his head and his baby blue polo was tucked into his khakis. "Ms. Beverly," he said, pulling a red teddy bear from behind his back.

My eyes widened and I held back an awkward stare as I glanced between him and the large bear. "Mr. Kingston...wow." I accepted the gift and stepped aside for him to come in. I wanted to cry all over again as I remember the bears Syn had won for me on our date, but I sucked in a shaky breath and closed the door. "Umm, what are you doing here? Better yet-haha...how did you know I was here?"