-Chapter 11-

I held a dress in front of my body as I looked into the mirror and rolled my eyes

I held a dress in front of my body as I looked into the mirror and rolled my eyes. "I'm not wearing this either."

"That's the seventeenth dress you've tried on," Mia whined from beside me, stomping her feet like a child.

"Stop! You're wrinkling the clothes," I snapped. She frowned, stopping her movements and adjusting the multiple dresses in her arms. I rolled my eyes at her and shook my head. The audacity of the girl to try to mess up my expensive things was baffling. I understood she had never laid her hands on the material-which made me a little bit more sympathetic, but she didn't need to behave like an uncivilized ingrate.

"You don't need to be so rude," she muttered. "I've been standing here for two hours, and I'm tired."

I scoffed. "You see what happens when you skip Pilates with me? You get fat and lazy, Mia. It's truly disappointing to see."

"I-I skipped one day," she babbled, her red curls gliding onto my clothes. Eww.

"And now look at you," I raised the hanger in my hand and pushed her hair over her shoulders with it while she looked at me with a frown. "can't even stand in one spot for more than a couple hours."

"I-" A repeated tap on my door sounded, and I turned back to the mirror, studying the lace dress decorating my body. "Someone is at the door," Mia announced, pointing out the obvious.

"Well clearly. Go open it," I said.

"My arms are full," she whined again. I sent her a warning glare and she slumped her shoulders, staring down at the floor in front of her.

I would've never come back to this place until the wedding if I knew it was going to be filled with incompetent fools. If I wanted anything done, I had to do it my damn self around here. I didn't have to so much as lift a finger back in Heaven as everyone knew how important I was already.

I walked to the door, kicking the dresses on the floor to the side and swung it open to see my sister standing in front of me with a grin on her face. She threw herself onto me, her dirty arms finding their way around my shoulders as I held back a gag. "Enough, enough!"

"Dang." She laughed. "What's up with you?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"Why?" My eyes trailed down her horrid outfit in disgust and I crossed my arms. Her denim skirt ended way too early, and the black shirt she paired with it was unflattering to say the least. I should've expected her choice in clothing not to be up to par like it should've been. What could be expected from someone who was left in the woods?

"Because you're my big sister, and I miss you," she said.

"Mmm. Are you sure you don't want to go work instead?"