-Chapter 94-

It is ridiculously difficult to pretend to be so confident when you're panicking inside

     It is ridiculously difficult to pretend to be so confident when you're panicking inside. Sitting in front of the people who ruined my life made me want to go fucking insane, and bash their heads into a wall. The only thing keeping me sane right now was my daughter and alcohol.

Lots and lots of alcohol.

Queen along with everyone at the table waited for me to answer her question but talking to her made me a bit nervous. I hid it well but I was anxious. I hadn't been faced to face with her like this in 10 years.

"Lilith?" She called.

I blinked a few times and plastered a nonchalant smile on my face. "Yes?"

"I asked why God made deals with the both of you for children." She clarified with a frown.

I don't know if it was my nerves or the alcohol but my mind was fuzzy. I took a relaxing breath and sat up in my seat. "The universe needs to be balanced. Somehow, someway it will balance itself either with God's help or a supernatural being.

When Lucifer was created and fell from Heaven, the world tilted on its axis because of his power. So I was created as a balance, his other half if you'd like. But as you all know, Lucy and I weren't very...healthy together. There was no love on my part needed for the balance.

When Syn was born there was another huge shift in the universe and since Lucifer and I weren't together everything went to shit. I don't know if you all remember all those 'natural' disasters that took place after his birth."

"I remember," Genesis whispered. "The whole kingdom went into a lockdown because of the storms and fires."

"And when did it stop?" I asked.

She thought for a moment and looked back at me. "Maybe 5 years later. I'm not sure but it just spontaneously ended."

"That's because Queen was born. She's Syn's 'other half', I hate the word soulmate." I took a sip of my drink as surprise creased everyone's features. I looked to my side to see Syn holding Queen's hand and I shook my head.

She thinks he's so great right now but he's his father's son and I refused to have her go through what I did. I had greater plans for her than to fade into the background of a man.

"You haven't wondered why the man created to feel nothing suddenly does when he meets you?" I asked as Queen stared off into her empty plate. "Even Lucifer couldn't stop nature's plans."

I watched as Queen slowly let go of Syn's hand and cross her arms. He looked just as dumbfounded as she did.

"So you're saying we had no choice?" Queen asked me. Truthfully she did have a choice, just as I did but I didn't want her with Syn.

"You had no choice. This plan was set in motion long before your birth." I lied. They were meant for one another but there was no force making them do anything. I wouldn't tell her that though.