-Chapter 121-

"Mia, I'm proud of you," she said sweetly

I wanted to smile but I held it back and shrugged. "It's only been a month, Doc."

"But a month of consistency," she urged. "You'd be surprised at the people who come once and never come again."

After leaving Jeradua I came to Juva with nothing but a couple of outfits and jewelry to sell. I was able to rent out a small studio apartment on my own after selling it. I had to learn about bills and shit on my own but after getting settled, I figured it out.

I got a job at a bank not far from my house and with my new income, I was able to afford to finally furnish my place with money left over to talk to someone. I didn't have any friends yet so I liked talking to my therapist. It provided me with at least a little bit of company.

My reasons for leaving the palace were vast. I spent weeks completely secluded and alone in my room. That's when I realized no one truly cared for me. My best friend never came by, my dad didn't call, no one talked to me. It was my fault but I decided that I'd rather leave and get my own life together instead of staying there and being depressed that others were living.

"I feel like we're finally ready to talk about him, Mia. Do you think we can do that?" She asked soothingly.

I truly wasn't at all. But I trusted her. If she would talk me through it then I was sure I'd be able to somehow manage. "I think so."

"Well lay down, Mia."

I followed her instructions and laid back on the comfortable couch. I stared up at the ceiling and took a few large deep breaths.

"Now I want you to close your eyes and take me back. Take me to the day you met Syn SinClaire."

8 Years Ago

I sat in the chair in front of the mirror and grinned at Genesis who was fixing my hair into some fancy braid. Moving into this palace alone without my family was a bit terrifying but Gen always kept me company.

"Happy birthday, Mia," she said once again.

"Gennie, you've said that so many times," I said with a laugh.

"I'm just so shocked that you're eighteen now. I remember when we came to the hospital and you were like this tiny," she said as she held her hands a few inches apart.

"And now I'm huge," I said sadly as I looked at myself in the mirror. My weight was always something I had an issue with. It took me and Gen hours of shopping because I felt like almost all of the dresses showed off my unflattering rolls. I'd be lying if I said I loved myself at all.

Gen sighed and put her arms around my shoulders. "Mia, you're beautiful. Once you start seeing it you'll feel a lot better."

I smiled at her. Not because I believed her but because I didn't want her to continue complimenting me. Gen was beautiful. There was no flaw of hers that I could see and I would often find myself comparing myself to her. It was unhealthy but I couldn't help it.