-Chapter 27-

After confirming with Syn, I headed down the hall

After confirming with Syn, I headed down the hall. I'm a horrible person. If I had come into the palace with that single goal in mind and all my knowledge of Syn coming from the tabloids, then maybe it would have been easier. But right now, with everything I learned about him in these past few weeks in my mind, it sucked.

I tried to remind myself of all the research I had done on him-all his victims and crimes against angels with his father, but none of it helped.

A door opened in front of me, and Xavier exited the room, making my steps come slow. "Hey," he said.

"Hi."

"Umm." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Can we talk?"

"Sure." I nodded. He opened his door wider for me to walk in, and I accepted the invitation. His room was just as different from Syn's as he was. Where Syn have the necessities for his room, Xavier had way too much. Posters hung on almost every wall along with photo frames on his dresser and his bed was a mess. Clothes were scattered on top of it, and a random bag of popcorn sat on his pillow.

"Sorry for the mess." He laughed. "I had a movie night with Jess and Genesis and they're messy. They were trying on my clothes and shit like weirdos."

I smiled and nodded, and he cleared his throat, pulling out a chair for me to sit at his table. I sat down, and he took a seat across from me, taking a deep breath as he looked at me. "I'm really sorry for what happened," he said. I nodded, allowing him to continue and he spoke, "I'd let Syn tell you this story himself, but I believe I have some rights over it since it's my fault."

"What is it?"

"My parents used to serve Lucifer, as his right-hand demons. They would torture souls, collect debts, and a bunch of other shit that left them no time to take care of any children, but it left them with a lot of anger. A lot of which they directed towards me."

"I'm sorry."

He shook his head. "It's in the past. But anyway, they were rarely home and Hell isn't really a place where a lot of children are since demons prefer to party than have them. So I was alone for the most part. I lived in Lucifer's palace where my parents would leave me for months at a time to be taken care of by servants."

I listened intently, paying attention to his every word as he continued. "One day, this weird ass little kid moved in. He was super small, but he was scary as fuck. I don't even know how to explain, but he was terrifying. He'd sit by himself outside, and he didn't talk to anyone. My parents even told me to stay away from him because he was dangerous. My mom and dad were never really concerned about my safety before, so their warning kind of caught me off guard.