-Chapter 75 (Part Two)-

"I think this is it right here?" Xavier said as the car came to a stop

"I think this is it right here?" Xavier said as the car came to a stop. I looked around at the dark wooded area around us before taking in the gated community in front of us. The dark fence had pointed facing the sky like some arrows prepared to shoot at intruders. The only light near us came from two lamp posts on either side of the fence.

This place belonged to Queen's family and if they were angels like we originally thought, I would have heavily questioned this. The mansion in front of us was covered in vines cracking through the stone walls. If Mario didn't tell me she was here, I would've thought this place was abandoned. "This place is kind of fitting," Xavier joked. "Since you call her Princess and everything...this place almost makes you feel like some chivalrous knight about to go save her. You kn-"

"Shut up." I opened the car door but before I could exit, he grabbed my arm. "What?"

"Are you feeling better?"

"I am." The feeling from earlier was completely gone and I was back to my usual energy level. Almost immediately after getting into the car, my powers were back and I was just fine. One could imagine my frustration at not being able to create a portal in the middle of the freeway.

Getting my power back however...didn't feel good at all. In fact, it was more alarming than being stripped of them. Them returning meant that Queen wasn't intentionally taking it, and she was now vulnerable to whatever situation she had gotten herself into. I would've rather walked into this unknown place weak and unarmed knowing that she had my abilities- even if it was her doing it all on purpose.

Xavier moved to open his door and I stepped him. "Don't come with me. I need you to drive away and if I don't text you in fifteen minutes, come back with an army." If I were to be taken down, it'd have to be by something strong and an army would be needed.

"Fifteen minutes?" He asked.

"Fifteen minutes."

He nodded in response before pulling back out of the driveway. I looked around the dark dirt road and dead trees before walking towards the shut gate. A keypad lay on the bars that would presumably open it and I shook my head. I was horrible at codes. I couldn't even remember my own passwords for anything- I had people for shit like this.

I snapped my fingers and I was on the other side, the gate now behind me and nothing blocking me from the path to the house. I marched towards it, my eyes on the front door as it burst open. I stopped in my tracks as men in robes stormed down the steps.

"Never pick up her damn call again."

"They are both going to Hell?"

"Are we just going to leave Mark's body down there?"

Their conversation flowed and not a single person in the group noticed me standing in front of them. They were so caught up in their conversation...if one of them looked up and paid attention, they all could've possibly escaped unscathed.