-Chapter 81-

I stood up wearily from the floor and held the shoes in my hand

I stood up wearily from the floor and held the shoes in my hand. With the back of my hand, I wiped my tears, took a deep breath, and left the stall.

Going to the bathroom counter, I sighed as I looked at my now destroyed make-up. I wasn't really angry though. I was confused and upset. I didn't know how to feel about anything, but I was no longer scared at least. Taking a deep breath, I set the shoes on the counter and turned on the water.

I washed my face with the cool water and felt exhilarated as I washed away my worries. Granted, I was pissed at not knowing about myself, but I couldn't help the calm that radiated throughout my body.

I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed the necklace on my neck burning a bright red. What the fuck? I picked up
the gem in my hand and eyed it, wondering what was going on.

I wasn't getting burned, but it was still glowing. I looked back at my reflection in my mirror and saw my eyes were a bright red color along with the necklace. I blinked a few times and when I looked again, it was gone.

Was I imagining things? I couldn't have been. I only had one drink tonight so I wasn't drunk enough to be seeing all these things. As I stared at the mirror a crack appeared, followed by another. I looked away from the mirror and the fracturing stopped. I turned back again to see what would happen and it continued once again. I felt lightheaded as I watched the mirror become painted with cracks and fissures. After a few moments the entire mirror burst, sending shards of glass my way.

I held up my hands in defense instinctively, but I couldn't stop the pieces of glass that dug into my skin. I winced in pain as I looked at the large shard in my arm. Blood was dripping down my arm and instead of being repulsed and in pain, I couldn't look away from it. I watched as the crimson color dripped down my arm and onto the white marble floor.

Slowly, I pulled out the piece, not paying attention to the way it pierced my finger. I watched as the wound on my arm closed, not showing any signs of damage besides the blood staining my skin. I calmly removed the rest of the glass and turned on the faucet.

I put water on my arms and watched the diluted blood go down the drain. Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see my reflection in a broken piece of glass. I should've been freaking out that my eyes were red like Syn's, but I just closed my eyes took a deep breath, and ignored it.

When I opened my eyes they were back to their brown color as I sighed. Why now? Why after all this time was I able to do this?

Maybe it was because of the revelation.

I took napkins and wiped my skin dry and proceeded to walk to the door. I halted when I got to the door and turned back to see the stilettos on the counter amongst the broken glass. Should I leave it?

Before I could stop myself I walked back to them and picked it up. Taking one last breath I pushed through the bathroom door and walked back into the restaurant. I marched through the corridor, past the staff, and headed towards the door.