-Chapter 91-

"Queen," a voice whispered

"Queen," a voice whispered. In my tired state, I turned in my sleep and ignored it.

"Queen!" It called again, this time a little bit louder.

I opened my eyes and took in Syn's dark room. He was still asleep beside me so he couldn't have called me. I sighed as I lay back down, I probably imagined it.

"Queen." I heard a whisper in the dark and I immediately sat up once again. I softly shook Syn to wake him but he remained unnaturally still.

"Don't bother. He's in another realm." I recognized the voice and furrowed my brows.

"Wait, what? How are you here, Lilith?"

"I'm not here. Well, at least not there with you."

"How?" I asked.

"It's called astral projection. You're not awake."She said.

What. The. Fuck.

"I'm aware you must be incredibly confused but just trust me."

Trust her? Syn already warned me against this.

"How much of your childhood do you remember?" She asked.

"None of it," I answered honestly. I know I shouldn't have been listening to her words but I was curious. Besides, if she knew about my lost memories, I wanted to know.

"I can show you." She said.

I closed my eyes tightly. Did I really want to know? My faint memories were vivid enough to scare me.

But did I want to remain ignorant? If I found out at least I could prepare for tomorrow.

"Okay," I whispered.

Suddenly in the dark, a small yellow light appeared before me. "Follow it," Lilith said. I hesitantly moved the blanket away from me but remained unmoving.

"Don't be afraid, Queen. I'll be here with you."

"That doesn't bring me a lot of comfort."

"I'm only going to show you a few memories, the rest is up to you to figure out yourself. It's time for you to know the truth."

Reluctantly, I stood up from the bed and followed the yellow light to Syn's door. When I pushed it open I was met with a gentle breeze and walked out. I was now keenly aware of gravel underneath my bare feet. I looked around at my surroundings and saw myself standing in the middle of the street surrounded by houses on either side.

I jumped as I heard a scream from one of them. Unlike I hoped the yellow light moved towards that specific house. "This one is a good memory, Queen. No need to worry go inside." She urged quietly.

At her words, I followed the light and walked to the porch of the house. "Open the door, Queen."

I opened it and when I walked in the screaming became deafening. I covered my ears to drown out the noise but it was useless. I looked up to where the noise was and the light moved in that direction.