Chapter 15 - The Gamemaster

♠️♦️♣️♥️

- ARTHUR'S POV -

I honestly don't remember anything. I can barely see the visual of the four of us finding the secret door to the basement before my vision went into a black out but the only thing I can feel after I woke up is the immense pain I feel on my abdomen. I look at it. Bandages wrap around it and my vision is bloody blurry. I only can see my skin that is exposed towards the chilly but warm air. Someone must have taken off my glasses beforehand. The dimmed light from the oil lamp dimly lit up the room.

"Ohh big brother Arthur! You're awake!" I recognised that voice immediately. It was Lilli.

"Lil...Lilli, how long-" She suddenly pushed me on the bed, which surprised me.

"Big brother Arthur, don't move a lot! Your stitches will pop out and your wound-"

"Wait?! Stitches?"

"Lilli-san said your wound is quite deep so she needs to stitch it up. But since we need to be quick, Lilli-san might have used her power instead to heal you quickly." Kiku came forward and sat beside my bed.

"Lilli, Kiku, you don't need to trouble yourself because of me. Besides, Lilli, you healed me twice and your powers almost got drained out."

"And that's why we need to move together."

We all turned towards Elizaveta, who went near to us with her sword.

"We only got a few days outside. So we need to move now. You don't need to blame yourself, Arthur. We are all in the same boat. We shared the happiness, the pain, the sadness and some gossip. So, you don't need to space yourself out, thinking that you're an outsider. You're one of us as well." Elizaveta chanted in a military way.

"I already healed your wounds, big brother Arthur. But not fully, since I need to save my power. So you need to be careful with your wound and eat some painkillers"

My face went red upon hearing many things in one shot, more painful than having stitches. First is Elizaveta's lecture and now Lilli is healing me. I hold my shirt looking at the sewed shirt. Someone must have mended it up with a white thin thread. I button up my shirt and tuck it into my trousers.

"Thanks guys, ermmm...For...Giving some support." I was startled and saw Kiku let a small chuckle quietly.

"No problem!"

"So, what's the status?"

Kiku immediately told me that they are going to move out from the basement to a nearby village and get to the cliff, another reason for Lilli to use her powers to increase my healing abilities. Aided by the map that I had memorised in my head, I realised the risk from the journey they are going to take.

"To get to the cliff, we will walk from the village and pass by the front of the fortress. We're going to get captured if we're not being careful. But, since this is the only way to get to the cliff, we have no choice but to go on. I'm in! So, what about you guys?"

All of us agreed that we're using this plan. Before dusk, we pack our stuff and supplies and head out to the door of a chamber room, where the secret tunnel to the village is revealed.

"Alright, Elizaveta-san, have you shut the basement entrance?"

Elizaveta nodded. "Yes, was the entrance was closed by the bookshelf"

Kiku looked at me. "Arthur-san, can you walk by yourself?"

I nodded weakly, well strangely but not surprised. The blood loss that I have experienced just now makes me easily get tired and nauseous, just like an anaemia patient.