Chapter 1 - Another Ordinary Day

Present Day...

♠️ At the Kingdom of Spades...♠️

-ARTHUR'S POV-

After lunch and that bloody meeting with the councillors, I strolled myself to upstairs and turned to the right hallway, where my office was supposed to be situated on the left side. Outside my office, waiting for me is a Chinese-like man who seems quite older than me and wearing traditional clothing that I see everyday. I don't need a double check that the man was none other than Jack Yao.

"Good afternoon, Your Royal Highness. Had lunch already, I suppose?" He asked me, bowing his head in respect.

"Yes, thanks for asking. Glad that the meeting is over." I stretched my arm upwards to loosen my muscle cramps which I obtained for sitting too long in a meeting- Wait! I don't think if I could call that as a meeting!

As always, Jack Yao who understood the ordeal that I needed to face can only shook his head in disappointment. Looks like he can imagine how chaotic the meeting just now. Anyway, he gestured me into my office and showed me something that made me disappointed (but not a surprising one).

My eyes fixed on a tower of papers which were left by the councillors (typical of them), some stats and reports from each department. Looks like I need to pull a nighter again if I want to get all of these done. Sorry, Alfred.. :(

" I'll handle the finance and economic reports, Your Royal Highness."

"Huh?! But Yao-" I went shocked

"Don't worry. I'm an ace in these stuffs when I work with the late King. Besides, if we divide these paperworks, I'm sure we can get this done in knowtime." His optimistic personality had made me convinced .

"Alright. I give the military reports to Alfred then. It was his field after all. Thanks for your offer Uncle Yao-"

"A...I...I'm not an uncle! I'm still young!" I saw Jack Yao's face start to go red but he's good at hiding it anyway and I actually hold myself from laughing out. "Well I supposed to take a pension instead, but I'm the one who made my choice."

"I understand. Let's get the paperwork started, shall we?" I said to my Jack and gave him a wide smile.

♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️♠️

♦️At the Kingdom of Diamonds...♦️

FRANCIS'S POV

"Fuhh!! Glad that the meeting is over!" I said it with a thick French accent while wiping out my sweat. It took literally hours since early in the morning to get all the councillors in a round table, rather than being immature adults. Arthur would have cast a silencer if this situation happened in his meeting at the Spades.

"Yeah, I also felt relieved that the meeting ended." I look at my side. A short little girl with brilliant green eyes and silky straight blond hair wearing a pale orange and yellow dress, decorated with diamond-shape jewels. Yup! She's my Queen, Lilli Zwingli or Lil, as short for her cute name.

I ask Lilli if we had anything in the today's schedule besides the load of paperwork that needs to be done. She snuck into her pocket, revealing a white little notebook which she used to take down the important points and things that need to be remembered ever since she lived in the castle.

She closed the notebook and smiled on me.

" Well, Francis. There's nothing in our mind for today except the papers of course."

"In that case, let's get the paperwork done already." I quite optimistic for literally one second.

"But it's going to take a while if just the two of us." I knew what Lilli meant. The piles of paperwork is too much for the both of us (damn you councillors! Merde!). It's going to take forever to sort and check all of them.