Chapter 23 - Appetizer

♠️♦️♣️♥️

- NATALIYA'S POV -

As big brother Ivan told me, I climbed my horse with 10 000 soldiers. Rode towards the back of the castle, we need to face a moderate snow storm which is not a rocket science fact for someone who lives in our kingdom. The neigh sound from the horse gets even louder every time the lash was slashed on the horse yet it moves really fast. For me, who has rarely faced any threats since big brother Ivan became the King makes me want to fight again beside him and big sister Elizaveta.

Time really flies so fast that I didn't notice we had arrived at the borders, and spotted 3 people at the borders. One of them is Lukas, which is Emil's older brother. There's this blonde hair guy who has thick eyebrows which I can guess that he is the Queen of Spades, from what big brother Ivan told me. And another one, maybe someone from the Diamonds, judging by his outfit.

"I'm guessing you're Nataliya? Ivan's younger sister?"

I nodded. He gave me an earpiece. "Use this to communicate the others as well to your brother."

He turned on his and spoke to my brother. "Braginsky, this is Kirkland speaking. Arlovskaya had arrived at the borders. I think we should deploy it at the borders in case they advance near the borders. Over."

I'm so excited when hearing big brother Ivan's voice. "This is Braginsky. Yes, I agree with you . In fact, we had prepared a little welcome present for them. Over."

Wait! A little welcome present?! Is it just me or does big brother Ivan have something in his sleeves.

-----------------------

- YOUNG SOO'S POV -

I put my bow on the ground and check the elasticity of my bowstring. So far, it is in good condition although I have used it countless times during my training with my boss, a wizard. When Arthur said that the Queens are kidnapped by the wizard, my mind erased all the possibilities that went down to the only two wizards in the cult that I know; The Boss and Stefan. Obviously it couldn't have been Stefan since he was at the abandoned fortress during the incident. This means... Wait! The boss itself went to kidnap them?

"Young Soo? Young Soo! Are you okay?"

My concentrated mind was shut down by Kiku's finger snap. I look towards both Kiku and Kuro. Honestly they look exactly the same except for their iris colour and personalities. Kiku's eyes are golden brown while Kuro's eyes are more blood red. I told both of them that I was fine. Wishing to talk more to my old friend, we were alarmed by Kiku's earpiece.

"Come in Honda. This is Kirkland speaking. Arlovskaya is here with the Clubs' soldiers and the surveillance tower said that the enemies are coming this way. As the general for the Northern point, prepare yourselves. Over."

Kiku replied, "This is Honda receiving the order. We have prepared everything. Besides, Braginsky-san said that he had prepared a little gift for them. So we can just wait. Over."

"This is Beilschmidt. The Beilschmidt brothers are prepared, especially the Whip. Over."

"Jones over here. Weapons have been prepared. Over."

"This is Arlovskaya. The soldiers are prepared for any attempt to enter the Cardverse over."

"Looks like we are all set." Kiku looks at both me and Kuro with determination. "Let's go, nii-san Young Soo-kun."