Chapter 22 - Assault Plan

♠️♦️♣️♥️

(This part will have some flashbacks and POVs. So please pay attention to who is who.)

- ARTHUR'S POV -

I never tell anyone how I feel in my whole life except Kiku and Francis, since they are close friends for me. Now I'm going to tell Lovino about what I feel in the castle.

"Honestly, I never had any plans to become a Queen." I started. "I thought that I would live a normal life while doing research about our universe. A few days before Alfred's father died, I got called to be his Queen and it's up to me to decide it. I had a talk with Kiku at that time who also coincidentally got called to be Ludwig's Queen. So, after that long discussion, both of us made terms that the two of us will accept the offer. So we both were brought into the castle and my life as the Queen of Spades starts after Alfred's father died. It's far more different than I expected."

"Why?"

"Everyday, the both of us got tons and mass of reports to read. At that time I didn't need glasses anymore. Strangely, because my eyesight somehow went better after becoming Queen. Then, at that moment, I got to see a different side of Alfred."

"Oh, when we were at university, we thought that he looked like a moron, right?" Lovino chuckled.

"Yup. I went like 'Oh dear...'" I chuckled, remembering how I thought that Alfred looks like a dumb person when in university. "But... He's... Actually... Quite intelligent. In certain fields. Especially in the military or sometimes in the economy. Well, I guess Yao taught him that, a lot. But the best thing about him is the way he treated me and Matthew as his own family. He cared and cherished so much about it, especially Matthew, which I can say that he's a good big brother for him. I don't know how to describe this anymore. It's just really bloody wild for me."

I looked at Lovino who just shut himself up. I blushed and covered my face. Why in the bloody hell should I tell him about this?! But he chuckled, which confused me for a while.

"Well, by the way you are talking about Kiku, I think you are just the same as him. I know it because Feli is one of his best friends. But his case is slightly different from yours. Feli actually wants to be Ludwig's Queen."

I was stunned. "Wait, WHAT?!!"

"Yeahh...Ludwig also feels the same way as he does. But when Ludwig told him that Kiku was brought into the castle to be his Queen, he got upset. Personally, Kiku also didn't expect to be the Queen and he also knows that Feli really wanted that position . So when he got called to be the Queen of Hearts, he was so surprised and guilty at the same time that he fell sick for a few days."

"I remember..."

"But Feli doesn't want Kiku to feel guilty just because he thought that he had crushed Feli's wishes. He said that he wanted Kiku to be happy with his life and he was fit to aid Ludwig whenever he was needed. Luckily, the old Jack in the Hearts just retired so Ludwig immediately chose Feli to hold that position. Since then, both him and Kiku have helped each other a lot. Kiku always gets Feli's advice about how to deal with Ludwig, while Feli learns to work more efficiently from Kiku in return."

"That's so nice of him! Well, at least it is a win-win situation. Oh! By the way, I need to call Vladimir and Lukas. That's the end of discussion for tonight. Go get some sleep, okay?"

"Alright, good night!"

We both parted. I took Alfred's crystal ball with me and the images of Lukas and Vladimir appeared on it.

"Sorry that you need to pull a nighter, you two. But we need your help from the inside." I look at both of them with my eyes droopy due to tiredness.