Chapter 26.4 - Decision

Feliciano was lost of his words. His body is unable to move when he saw a body in the Honda twins' bedroom. The white garment is fully soaked with blood, shivers Feli's body to his core. A cut was visible at the abdomen while Kuro noticed a blade near to that body.

"No...Kiku...You..."

Kuro was dreading to see his own twin brother laid unconsciously on the wooden floorboard and looking at the style of his kimono.

"Kuro, we need to stop the bleeding and bring Kiku to the hospital." Arthur grabs a satin cloth and presses at part where the blood is oozing out continuously. Only after the bleeding stopped, Kuro hoisted his brother in his arms and grab Feliciano's horse who is waiting at the street, galloping as fast as he could to the nearest hospital with Arthur and Feliciano tagging along as well.

———————————————————————
At the hospital.

The three men wait anxiously outside of the Emergency Unit to know Kiku's fate.

Feliciano tiptoe anxiously by the glass door, wanting to see Kiku's progress and hoping that he's alive.

"Ve...! Will Kiku be safe?"

"I really hope so," Arthur replied. "He is so lucky that he missed the aim."

"M...Missed the aim?" Feliciano confused. What did Arthur meant?

Arthur began to explain Feliciano. "Feli, how does Kiku wear his Kimono?"

"Right over left? At least that was he told me."

"So what style did he wear?"

Feliciano tried to recall again the images in his head, finding out the answer for Arthur's inquiry. "Urmmm...He wears a different style at that time and...

Feliciano's eyes widened as big as he could. Without the amber orange pupil, his eyes are likely similar to a golfball. Looking at Arthur's expression who even takes off his glasses to clean it and Kuro's sighs, he knew that Kiku had done something really bad.

Kuro finally explain the thing he was dreaded when look onto Kiku's white Kimono.

"Kiku...He wears the Kimono left-over-right, which is actually a taboo among the Japanese as it is only reserved as burial clothes."

"Y...You don't say..." Feliciano now trembles to his core.

"Not only just burial clothes. People who commit seppuku will wear that style of Kimono as well as a significant that they aren't fear of dead."

"So..."

Their conversation was interrupted by the surgeon in charge, telling the trio that Kiku is able to rescued but he will put into sleep for a few hours to rest.

"Kiku was lucky because the blade didn't hit his major artery which leads to the aorta." Arthur continues the explanation once the medics left. "Otherwise, he will bleed to death before all of us are arriving at the hospital. That's why I said 'he is lucky for miss the aim'."

Arthur is right, Feliciano thought. Had Kiku stab his abdomen at the correct spot, he would not able to see the tomorrow's sunset, also, he wouldn't get to be Ludwig's Queen. In fact, he is worse than dead.

Since Kiku hasn't gained his consciousness, the three teenagers waiting patiently outside the unit while sharing some stories about the incident. Kiku's attempted suicide must have some sort of connection with his chosen as the Queen.

Feliciano can't stop thinking about Ludwig, who could be the main reason why Kiku had been so quiet and locked himself up in his room for days. Not to mention, the amount of guilt that bottles up in his chest could have possibly driven Kiku to grab a blade and commit seppuku.