Chapter 26 - Twisted Plan

♠️♦️♣️♥️

- LOVINO'S POV -

"F...Fratello! Fratello!"

A high pitched voice screamed through my earpiece. It was Feliciano, who sounded really panicked. Something must happen at the Hearts.

"What is it fratellino? Explain it."

"T..The soldier that the guards' found outside the castle a few days ago, they are coming here in a large group!"

"WHATT?!!" Fuck! The soldiers attacking the Hearts?! But only Feliciano and Antonio will be in charge at the Hearts. How on Earth they will face this sudden assault.

"F...Frat...Fratellino, does Antonio awake?"

"Yes. He recovered and he already stormed all the soldiers at the borders since yesterday. Big brother Vladimir went there just now and he said that he needed to fix the borders."

"Good. I wish you good luck, fratellino. I can't help you at the moment."

"Ve~ Don't worry! Big brother Antonio can accompany me!"

I turned off my earpiece and thought again about the intel that Feliciano gave to me. At that instant, I told King Ludwig about it.

"It can't be avoided. We need to be in our station. I just need to hope that Antonio and Feli can handle them. Let's focus on our task, Lovino."

"Right, Your Majesty!"

Francis came to meet the both of us and Young Soo. "I heard that the Nataliya and Elizaveta are fighting against the enemies at the Clubs while Artie got a word from Yao that the Spades are over the risk of getting attacked."

"Ja. And now soldiers are trying to attack the Hearts."

I suddenly received a call from the Castle of Diamonds through my earpiece.

"Hello, this is Lovino. How can I help you? Huh? Basch?!"

Basch went silent for a moment. A tremble in his voice can be heard.

"L...Lovino. Is His Majesty with you? Where's Lilli?"

Francis turns on his communicator. "Lovino, connect our calls. Hello, Basch. This is Francis. Lilli is safe. Is there anything-."

"The soldiers are heading towards the border of the Diamonds!"

"Mon dieu! Excuse me?!" All of us frowned upon hearing the updates from the Jack. It seems like we are attacked from all sides. At least Vladimir had casted the Anti- Core Cut Spell at the Hearts but with the Spades are yet to be done, the Clubs are in a chaos and the Diamonds are lacking in terms of defence, our world is in risk to be intruded. Eventually, the world that we have been living in will be destroyed with its civilization and the legacy that have been passed upon us from our ancestors.

Ludwig sighed. He knew that we are cornered from all sides. I know that the one who took revenge is a wizard. Come on! Isn't Arthur being the ruler of the Spades is enough?! Wait! But Kiku told us that Stefan said Arthur is a traitor among their group. What the fucking kind of irony is this?!

"Lovino, called Arthur."

I turned on my earpiece and connected it with Arthur's.

————————————————————————

- ARTHUR'S POV -

My face frowned upon hearing the updates from Yao, Feliciano and Lovino. I don't know how I should take or act prior to this information. We are all attacked from all sides, which is something that was difficult for us to cope with, especially on defence.