Chapter 2 - Emergency Meeting

♠️♦️♣️♥️
(Please take note that most of the events in this chapter happen in the Castle of Spades. It may change its place of event for awhile)

-ALFRED'S POV-

"That didn't end well."

I went into a flashback during the meeting. Yeah...It's quite disastrous at that time. I have a chat about it with my brother, Matthew, who is the Ace of Spades.

"Arthur's really furious. Judging by his face I could tell that he's having a hard time." From
Matthew's tone, I could also tell that he's really worried about Arthur.

"And now, he and Yao are going to finish all the paperwork." I sighed once more, thinking about my Queen. First he needs to face the most disastrous meeting in the history of Spades and now with a pile of paperwork.

"Hey...Mattie."

"Yes? What is it Alfred?"

I was quite ashamed at first before I mustered my courage to ask him.

"Can I seek for your advice?"

Matthew's eyes widened at first before he began to chuckle and gave a smirk on me. Okay, this is not good...I have a baaaaadd feeling about this.

"You want to cheer him up? " 😏

For God's sake Mattie. You look a little bit scary each time you smirk! But still, it's my only way to get Arthur's mood enlightened, at least to get him out from the mess that he faced. I told Matthew that I saw something different on Arthur. He smiled at me.

"I have an idea. Follow me." My hand was pulled by Matthew towards the spiralled staircase.

————————————————————————

ARTHUR'S POV

"Damn it. Those gits..." I catch my breath for a while after 2 hours non-stop peering at the papers.

"Huh...My back is aching all over, aru." Yao also started to worn out and lay his back on a long couch. Poor him. The old age must have affected him a lot, especially when lifting loads.

Suddenly, I can feel my heart pumping blood throughout my circulatory system. It was fast, really fast. So do as my lungs. Something had caused my chest to feel suffocated. Maybe it was due to lack of sleep. My head went so dazed and my vision was getting blurry that I literally collapsed on a bookshelf. If it wasn't for Jack Yao who had caught me just in time, my head would have banged on the floor.

"Your Royal Highness! Arthur! Are you okay? Answer me! *fingers snap*"

"Huh? Yao...Thank goodness. I'm really sorry. I...just get tired, that's all."

"Aiyaahhh, your condition is even worse than mine, aru. Go get a rest. My back is okay now. I should continue with the papers."

————————————————————————

WANG YAO'S POV

"There are too many defaults in the financial reports. Some numbers don't tally together."

I watched Arthur laid his back on the chair with his eyes shut. Taking a nap peacefully like a little baby. Slowly, the pen that he was holding all the time slid off from his grip.