Chapter 9 - First Ecounter

♠️♦️♣️♥️

(At the Castle of Clubs...)

- 3RD POV -

"Bruder, can you check the gear again. It's 6.50 in the evening now and it's going to dark soon." Ludwig looks upon the bright orange yellowish sky, with the sun getting near to the surface of the earth.

"Of course, of course. Knowing you, we cannot halt zis journey though." Gilbert went through a check up list again to make sure they have enough supplies for the wildest expedition in their life.

"Fuhh..." Alfred panted. "I wonder how the Queens are doing now?"

All the Kings went into silence, thinking how crazy they are for being involved in this life-risking journey to the outside of the Cardverse. How they will eventually risk themselves and their Queens with the cost of their lives. If the Queens are in harm, the Kings will be worse than dead.

"But why did I get a heart attack just now..."

"VAT?!!! A HEART ATTACK?!!!" Both of the Beilschmidt brothers screamed frantically hearing Alfred's question.

Roderich then explains that Alfred suddenly got a heart attack during both of their searches at the Clubs Castle. He felt his chest swollen painfully that he fell down on the floor. In panic, Roderich immediately called the matron from the hospital wing to help him. Alfred was put unconscious for 10 minutes before he suddenly woke up and found himself on a bed.

Gilbert shook his head, "Verdammit, you scared me! The pain was a normal sign when the Queen is in harm but since you got a heart attack, I can assume that Arthur was still alive but he injured badly."

"Ohh mon ami. Zat is a relief. I thought zat I lost Lilli when I feel pain in my chest." Francis put his butt down on the ground relaxing himself.

"Anyway." Ludwig pulled his supplies on his back with his thick coat covering his body. "Is everyone ready?!"

"Yup!!!"

He turned his face to his elder brother, "Bruder, you're the only one who has been outside the Cardverse before, so we need you to be the guide. We need to find a place to set up a campfire before dinner."

Ludwig showed the team a round glittery sphere, the crystal ball. The Jacks' , Wang Yao, Basch, Feliciano, Ivan's sisters, Dalia and Nataliya, also the Ace of Hearts, Antonio appeared in the air. "These crystal balls will help us keep in contact with them. Please tell us if you have any updates. We might need you guys if we need to research something."

"Alright!!! We're ready!"

"Good. Now let's go to the borders. Ivan, bruder?"

Ivan, who knows the geography of the Clubs very well, knew that they would face a chilly weather below the freezing point. As a precaution, the team wear their winter gear and move to the lowest point until they reach the borders, the same spot where Gilbert had gone before.

After a 30-minute walk, they witness a golden faded illuminated light building up a barrier. For outsiders, they will literally think that this thing is invisible but actually, this barrier had importance in it.

Gilbert immediately signals them to halt.

"This is the border of the Cardverse. Looks like I meet this annoying wall again."