Chapter 3 - The Flush Royale

♠️♦️♣️♥️

(Now, the real thing just getting started 🤪. From this chapter and now on, there will be multiple POVs so pay attention to which character it is.)

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️
Castle of Clubs

IVAN'S POV

"A...A meeting" Elizaveta's face went white.

"What is Ludwig thinking about?!" Roderich face palmed in disbelief.

I shrugged. "I don't know why the King wants to do a meeting. It may be an important one since he didn't put the emblem of the kingdom on this parchment."

Elizaveta then told me that the Flush Royale was obviously really far away from the kingdom. To pass the borders, the citizens need to trail along a steep cavern, which is now closed to the public. So the only way for me to get there is a longer one, passing the meadows at the southernmost of the kingdom.

"Ivan, you better get ready if you don't want to be late for the meeting. Let me and Roderich get these papers done. Nataliya, can you escort your brother to the carriage?"

"Of course, big sister Elizaveta! Anything for my brother!!!" Ohh! I almost forgot to tell you that I have three siblings! An elder and a younger sister. My eldest sister Dalia is one of the councillors and beloved by most of the farmers while my younger sister Nataliya is working for me as the Ace of Clubs. You must be wondering if she can work well,da? Well she is quite jealous with Liz for not being picked as the Queen but I'm glad that Liz's warm personality made Nataliya being nice to her.

"Big brother Ivan!" my wondering had snapped. "Come on, we're going to be late! I'll get you to the border safe and sound."

"W...wait! Nataliya!"

I ran off to catch up with my sister. Not noticing that both Elizaveta and Roderich let a small laugh behind me.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

3RD POV (Finally!😌)

Ahhh...now our young kings had set off for their journey. A quest to the middle of the Rollet Lake, where the Flush Royale was situated. We can see now a half cylinder carriage, decorated in blue and purple jewels and accessories, moving as fast as a wind by the strong horses galloping. With rays from the evening sun, the emblem of the Kingdom of Spade shone so brilliantly that the locals could recognise it.

The carriage just entered the Flush Royale in a flashy way, only to be celebrated by the emptiness of the place. King Alfred went out from the carriage and his eyes widened as he could see not a single human was in this place.

"Helloo. Is everyone there? Ludwig?"

As Alfred knows, Ludwig always gets to the meetings on time so it is not like for him to be late especially if he's the one who calls out the emergency meeting. "To be honest, I thought he would be the early bird in this Royale." murmured Alfred.

A sound of a horse galloping had caught Alfred's attention. Could it be Ludwig? Alfred wouldn't daresay that it was Ivan or Francis. He can forgive Ivan since the Kingdom of Clubs was quite far away from the Royale but Francis is just...he could have lost his words.