Chapter 6 - Investigation Starts

♠️♦️♣️♥️

(At a land in a far away place, there lies a fortress which hadn't been used for hundreds of years. It was used as a prison for the war hostages in the past but now, the place was empty and it said to be haunted.)

- ???'S POV -

"Urgh...urgh...erkk! Where am I?"

My body felt numb and weak. I can feel the chills and ice on it. It's spring, right? Why is it too cold in here? Even the floor is freezing. Luckily, I have my cape that can keep me warm.

I open very slowly my heavy eyelids. They are quite numb but I need to know and regain my consciousness. How many minutes do I pass out? 30? 45? I don't know. The last thing I could remember is I scream to my Jack to get outside help.

"Fuhh... it's really cold in here. Huh?"

I saw not one but three bodies around me, covered under blankets. Wait, I'm not the only one who got captured? I check each blanket to reveal the identity of the body. A woman with a green attire has a wavy long brown hair who sustained some injuries including a cut, to be exact, by a dagger.

"Isn't this the Queen of Clubs?"

I went to look at another body. This one is different as it had the tallest body among all of the three. I pulled the sheets and my face fell.

A blonde hair man with bushy eyebrows who wears a coat had sustained multiple cuts, particularly by the glass fragments. I don't need a second to identify him.

"Arthur! Arthur-san! Wake up!"

He didn't move an inch. The cuts that he sustained must have made he succumb to his injury. Especially with the cold weather, I need to find a way to treat them so the wounds won't get infected. Then, suddenly I saw a body, which I hadn't checked yet had moved and slowly sat straight up, revealing a girl with short blonde silky hair and has strands of hair tied by an orange ribbon. She wears a pale yellowish white dress with a black corset covering it, obviously from the kingdom of Diamonds. I think I had met her before (The last time I went to the Diamonds is a few weeks ago with Ludwig to met Francis and his Queen)

"We met again. I'm sorry that I hadn't introduced myself properly at that time." She stretches out her hand. "I'm Lilli Zwingli, the Queen of Diamonds."

I accepted her hand. "Good evening, Lilli-san. I'm Kiku Honda, the Queen of Hearts. You can call me Kiku for short. You are Jack Basch's sister perhaps? Because you two look alike."

"Ahh.. yes. He's my elder brother. Kiku, are we the only ones in here?"

"No. There's the Queen of Clubs and the Queen of Spades who hadn't woke up yet."

"Elizaveta and Arthur hadn't woke up yet?!"

"Nope. But Elizaveta-san is just fine except she had some dagger cuts. But Arthur-san had multiple cuts on his body. And I don't how to treat him."

"Urghh..!"

"Elizaveta!"

"Huh?! Lilli?! What are you doing here- Urghh!"

"Elizaveta, calm down. You are injured-."

Elizaveta-san grabbed a piece of white cloth, tore it to shreds and wrapped all her wounds. "I'll be fine, Lilli. This is nothing."